Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
Jun 1, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #781 of 2,226
I'd try the second position of eartips on the nozzle - IE 300 / 600 / 900 have the ability to seat the eartips closer to or further away from the housing for comfort, security and thus sound.

Interesting, I had no idea. Just to clarify, is the second position (in your message) the one seated closer or further from the housing?

Jun 1, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #782 of 2,226
Update on my tips journey - the Spiral Dot++ arrived yesterday and was just able to play around with it today.

Sorry to say, they are not for my ears. They might belong to my other IEMs, but not with my IE600 - if you think the IE600 is U shaped - the Dot++ will extremely push mids down, give a congested soundstage and say goodbye to clarity, it's gone with the Dot++.

I'm sticking with my Azla SednaEarfit Standard - which makes the IE600 almost non U shaped (very mild dip now if I may say so).
Thanks for the update, I've played around a bit and found out bore size matters most. I've set my eyes on the cp145 and think they will be endgame for my library.

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #783 of 2,226
@frix I'd try the second position of eartips on the nozzle - IE 300 / 600 / 900 have the ability to seat the eartips closer to or further away from the housing for comfort, security and thus sound.
I suppose it depends on what ear tips we are using as my Azla SednaEarfit Standard are either right on or off (no room to slide forward) The sennheiser ones can be moved into two positions.
It would be great to be able to have extendable nozzles in future builds. Lol

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #784 of 2,226
Interesting, I had no idea. Just to clarify, is the second position (in your message) the one seated closer or further from the housing?
Sorry I did not clarify: "1st position" and "2nd position" may have been a poor choice of words on my behalf. If one position does not satisfy, try the other (second) one. Screenshot from the IE 900 manual attached. This works best with the silicone collared tips btw, as they have the rigidity to maintain whichever position it is in around the nozzle.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 9.29.55 PM.png

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 2, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #792 of 2,226
Hi All. I'm interested in the IE600. I was hoping to get some insight on tuning compared to the UM Mest MKII and 64 audio U12t, 2 IEMs that I own. Precog rates the 600 1 step below the MEST, I'm just curious if anyone else has done a direct comparison. I know it's unfair to compare based on price, drivers, technology, etc. I am just curious has how the IE600 stacks up. I looking for something with similar tuning, soundstage, etc, for more portable, on the go. I demoed the IE300 a while back but didn't care for its tuning, mainly the recessed mids. I did however love the size and fit. It is a true IEM that fully sits inside the ear making it less prone to wind noise while outside, much like the Shure SE series. Cheers!

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #793 of 2,226
Hi All. I'm interested in the IE600. I was hoping to get some insight on tuning compared to the UM Mest MKII and 64 audio U12t, 2 IEMs that I own. Precog rates the 600 1 step below the MEST, I'm just curious if anyone else has done a direct comparison. I know it's unfair to compare based on price, drivers, technology, etc. I am just curious has how the IE600 stacks up. I looking for something with similar tuning, soundstage, etc, for more portable, on the go. I demoed the IE300 a while back but didn't care for its tuning, mainly the recessed mids. I did however love the size and fit. It is a true IEM that fully sits inside the ear making it less prone to wind noise while outside, much like the Shure SE series. Cheers!
I'm not gonna say what's better, but I listen to IE600 more than MEST MK II.

Jun 2, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #795 of 2,226
Crinacle rated both the Mest mk2 & the ie600 A+. I own both the ie300 which I really like & the ie600 which has everything the ie300 is missing & more. I find the ie600 relaxing & lively at the same time. Sort of like a kick in the arse sony ier-m9 if you have ever heard one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back