Exceptional in Every Detail: Say Hello to the IE 600
May 31, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #766 of 2,231
Update on my tips journey - the Spiral Dot++ arrived yesterday and was just able to play around with it today.

Sorry to say, they are not for my ears. They might belong to my other IEMs, but not with my IE600 - if you think the IE600 is U shaped - the Dot++ will extremely push mids down, give a congested soundstage and say goodbye to clarity, it's gone with the Dot++.

I'm sticking with my Azla SednaEarfit Standard - which makes the IE600 almost non U shaped (very mild dip now if I may say so).
I tried the jvc spiral dot ++ yesterday on my sony ier-m9 and couldn't stand them so I didn't even bother trying them on the ie600.
Worst tip I have ever heard.
My favourite so far on all my iems are the azla sednaearfit standards (sony hybrid 2nd) but I will have to try the Radius deep mounts also.

May 31, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #767 of 2,231
I've been making a list as I read the thread over the past week or so for me to purchase some once I'm done with the stock tips:
  • Spinfit CP240
  • Spinfit CP100
  • Spiral Dot++
  • Xelastec
  • azla sedna
  • azla crystal
  • Final Audio Type E
  • Comply TSX-400
  • Sennheiser IE Pro
Azla sednaearfit standards are my choice so far.
Sony hybrids second.
Radius deep mount is my next tip to try they sound good from reports I have read.
Definitely don't like the jvc spiral dot ++

May 31, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #769 of 2,231
Damn, I had only ever heard good things about the spiral dot++. Just got mine today so I'll see how they do. Also realized I have some Sony hybrids from my TWS buds.
Hope they work well for you as I tried mine on the sony ier-m9 & didn't like them so I didn't even bother trying them on the ie600.
Took away to much bass for me & brought up the treble which I didn't like.

May 31, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #770 of 2,231
Tried a few tips. Spiral Dot++ (M), Sony Hybrids (L), and the stock silicone (M). Feel like they're all viable choices depending on where you want the energy. Sony Hybrids fit well, comfortable, maybe a touch warmer than the stock silicone but otherwise quite similar. I felt the spiral dot++ definitely had more treble energy, quite airy in comparison to the others. Personally, I didn't feel that the bass was affected too much. Perhaps more U than the stock tips. Soundstage felt a bit wider with these. Overall, I prefer the presentation of the stock tips the best. Still feel they have the best balance across the board and don't overemphasize any one area. Bass feels a bit tighter and the mids are as I like them. Think I will just live with the so-so fit of the stock tips.

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #771 of 2,231
I tried a lot of tips (comply tsx-500, spinfit cp-100, spinfit c-100 plus, azla SednaEarfitLight, azla sedna Xelastec, and Final Audio Type E) but ended up back to the stock silicon with a slight mod. For me the stock silicon doesn't seal well. I found the stock silicon, when it fits, to be the most comfortable. Second to that is the Final Audio Type E
The mod I did is:
If you have an unused foam tips like this one
_IMG_20220531_01.jpg
cut it in a half and remove the stem
_IMG_20220531_02.jpg
Flip the stock silicon up and slide the foam in
_IMG_20220531_03.jpg_IMG_20220531_04.jpg_IMG_20220531_221311_045.jpg

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #775 of 2,231
I'm having my issues with the treble. For 50% of my music listening it is way too much. (Silicon stock tips). What do you guys think?
400 hours of burn-in will resolve the treble problem.

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #779 of 2,231
Have you tried the stock foam? I found they did help in that regard. Found the Sony hybrids also gave a warmer presentation overall.
@frix I'd try the second position of eartips on the nozzle - IE 300 / 600 / 900 have the ability to seat the eartips closer to or further away from the housing for comfort, security and thus sound.

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jun 1, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #780 of 2,231
This is exactly what I’ve done with the ie300,600 & 900. I’ve put a small o-ring on the nozzle to prevent the tip from pushing in. The results are great with the medium stock tips! YMMV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back