EX600 or RE262 which one is worth for 150$
Aug 22, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #16 of 24
Ok ok.

The OP's question is "i want to know which one is worth for 150$."  The EX600 sounds a lot more advanced and higher SQ than $150, I also think it has a pretty decent "mind blowing" factor for anyone using it as their first IEM, I'll just leave it at that.

Aug 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 24
as to the 262's or the 600's either one is worth it! but each have +'s and -'s to consider? here's some of my .02 worth, don't forget a grain of salt! and 
beerchug.gif
, on your taking a plunge into Hi-Fi, its an awesome trip! but with whichever one you decide on, just enjoy your journey of discovery! their both awesome IEM's! 

I've appreciated, progressed, processed, and graduated to and thru ONLY three IEM's! and luved them all, and they are these!  

the TF10's>RE262's>EX600's and in that order,

the Tf10's have great bass, a nice soundstage, and are very fun sounding, but compared to the 262's I can hear how muddy the Tf10's wind up sounding, after I heard the 262's, I knew instantly that I would never again enjoy the TF10's like I originally had,

now to be fair with the TF10's, the Voyager amp that I use is reviewed as to not to do well with BA's, and after giving a listening to the 262's I think I now first hand found out just what the reviewers where talking about, and so because of the Voyager I never got a chance to hear just what the TF10's can really offer?  I tried to get the Arrow to hear first hand what the TF10's could do, but I got ripped off by quonad the gonad, lol? and scrapped that idea, and so now short on funds, tading was the option to figuring out my audio dilema? and so I traded out the BA's, for some DDM's, the 600'2s that is, rather than trying to pick up a different amp, and haven't looked back 

for what its worth, my 262's had an issue with the rt. side going out, WHA!! but Head-Direct is awesome!! and even though I bought them from a fellow Head-Fier, they replaced then with a newer unbalanced version, ka-sweet! and so while I waited for my replacements, I wore my now not so enjoyable TF10's, all the while I was wearing them I was wanting to be listening to those wonderful 262's!!

now the 262's don't have the bass of the 10's but the awesome detail, and the smooth mids, both of which the TF10's don't have in abundance like the 262's, really made them out shine the TF10's, and with the Voyager it gave me all the bass that I fell in love with on the TF10's, but tight punchy and very detailed, all of which gives the 262's a nice, airy, and more open soundstage over the TF10's

so when an opportunity came up to trade my TF10's, for a pair of the european  EX600's, I jumped on board,

and so the same thing happened to the 262's when I heard the 600's, as did with the TF10's when I heard the 262's? comapratively speaking,  

but the compared to the crowned champion, the EX600's, the 262's wind up sounding dry? which probably is a result of the 150 ohm imp. driving level of the 262's, the 600's seem to drive just ssooo effortlessly, in achieving what sound that they can produce!! which would make angels cry with joy! and so with the 600's I wind up having the best of both worlds from the TF10's and the 262's, a very very awesome deep and extended low end!! very punchy and detailed!!! very very nice mids and highs, and the 600's wind up having a COMBINED soundstage of both the  TF10's and the 262's COMBINED!!!!!! very open and airy spacious,
it has me looking around to see whats coming from where!! what the heck was that, oh that came from my 600's, lol! it also has ALOT of instrument seperation and detail, but its a little work to get them to that point? unlike the 262's, all you have to do is burn in the drivers and then whalla, sit back and be ENGAGED! but with the 600's you have to tame the harsh and sibilant mids? and deal with the fit which wasn't a problem for me, I use the modded large bi flanges from my 262's, awesome they are, and there's somewhat of a wind issue, I don't notice it at all, and I'm outside 95% of my listening time! but I listen to them JAMMING style, loud and proud! whistling ALL the time while doing so, and then with the ZO thrown into the mix, HOLY SHIRTS Batcan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm going to super glue these to my ears, lol, I'm in luve with the sound coming out of my rig, but then I'm blood type BH, hahahahahahaha!

anyways I hope this adds to your indecision of 2011! but I am just trying to help!
atsmile.gif
 good luck, but with either one you get you can't go wrong, just don't get them both, or your really regret it, lol, you'll love the one 
tongue.gif
 and hate the other  
very_evil_smiley.gif
, or hate the one  
very_evil_smiley.gif
and love the other  
tongue.gif
  its a ying yang kind of thing?

a couple of ?'s for you though, is this you first plunge into Hi-Fi? and what makes you settle on the 262's and the 600's? other than them being totally awesome! not that these are any where near jumping into the deep end? compared to whats out there,

I found the process of graduating into what I now have and very very much appreciate, to a certain degree comes from having had and heard the other 2, of which if I never had and heard the TF10's or the RE262's, I might not really know that the EX600's, what I have to listen to at this point in time? are as awesome as they are? but every journey starts with a single step, or in this case a single purchase! but whatever you wind up getting will be awesome, one thing for cerain is you came to the right place to learn about it ALL, Head-Fi is the BESTEST!!! and the folks here although we can tend to butt heads, lol, we're just keeping each other in check
wink_face.gif
, and sometimes we need to be reminded that were only average everday kind of people, that listen to supreme music, and not supreme people that listen to supreme music! although I have to admit that once in a while when I'm jamming away, and noones around to see, I sometimes do feel invincible like I was superman, but without the x-ray vision, and in finding out the hard way, none of the flying parts either, ouch I fell down again, lol, oh yea, and also all there experience and info is PRICELESS!

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 24
umm... when you said DDMs, u meant the EX600 right? cuz DDM actually means DualDynamicMatrix which is what ppl call the Radius TWF11/21 . Excellent review though, im pretty convinced to snag a pair of EX600s now haha

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #19 of 24
I understand your hysteria, Anderoan, the EX600 is very good.

Sorry for not making my post as exciting as yours, hahaha.

If you've only had 3 IEM's, well, I wonder how you'd react to some others... hmmm..... then again you seem so happy you'd probably just do a merry-go-round of IEM's and wind back up at the EX600's in the end.... still, it'd be fun if you tried the EX800ST, I guess that's the "safest" bet for an upgrade for you.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 24
well I was trying to reference both the 262's and the 600's, I wasn't sure if they are both in that catagory,

but yes the 600's are incredible! you won't be dissapointed unless the -'s get in the way, but I stuck with them because at times I heard the enormous potential lying under the surface, if I could only work around and deal with the mids issue, and after I did, I knew I had found a good home for a long while!                                                  
                                               Ka-Sweet!!!!! and happily ever after!   

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
I understand your hysteria, Anderoan, the EX600 is very good.

Sorry for not making my post as exciting as yours, hahaha.

If you've only had 3 IEM's, well, I wonder how you'd react to some others... hmmm..... then again you seem so happy you'd probably just do a merry-go-round of IEM's and wind back up at the EX600's in the end.... still, it'd be fun if you tried the EX800ST, I guess that's the "safest" bet for an upgrade for you.

hey Kiteki

I just calls em likes I hears em, the IEM's speak for them selves, I'm just the interpreter! lol

do you want me to tell you how you can get a ticket to ride? it gets lonely sometimes riding the my own private "hysterical bus" all by's my's lonesomeness, lol, but hey wait a minute, were never alone when we have tunes!! Nina Simone, The Clash, you name it, Ka-Sweet! and the more the merrier, the more storage space 
L3000.gif
 the better!

LOL, don't get me started or I'll have to kick myself off of my own ride, and thats sucks cuz it takes a while for it to slow back down enough for me to get back on! I have to keep my roll slow or I'll fall off, but feel free to lend me whatever IEM's you want "hystericalized"  and I'll give a listen  
gs1000.gif

hey wait a minute I think I read something like this in a book by Mark Twain, where Tom Sawyer gets everybody to paint a fence for him, and pay him also? huh uh! I'm not falling for that again, you lend me some IEM's, and then I'll tell you, how you can take the bus ride, lol, as my pusher says, the first ride is always free!! lol 

but I consider myself lucky for having had the three that I did, its part of the reason I wind up riding and enjoying that great ol' bus 
atsmile.gif
 the way I duz!

hey Kiteki,

thanks very much for you insightful input, and feedback, you have an ability to see thru and be spot on! 

but I also think your right in that regard, I could travel all over and take an IEM trip around the world, only to find myself back where I started from, with the 600's, I would be hard pressed to find something as fun and engaging as these are, although at $315.00 shipped from buydig, for its big brother is very tempting!

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Well you're in Michigan so I can't really lend anything to you, but I hope you get to hear the EX800ST or EX1000 one day (they're cheap in the U.S. after all) and let us know how you think the EX600 compare ;]

hey Kiteki,

yea all the way on the otherside, thats alright though, I'll get around to hearing them, 
o2smile.gif
  and when I do I'll give a hoot and a hollar on them! it will be nice to hear how they compare? but I'm really digging on these 600's, as you can tell, I've had a couple of positives about hearing them, lol

Quote:
I went for the 600's - I'm in the eager wait stage now.
cool.gif

hey Varley,

did you wind up getting a good price on them like Marjin did, man at that price its almost like giving them away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back