Ex audiophile needs advice on headphone system
Aug 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cpetrillo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I was a devoted audiophile for most of my life. I was forced to sell off my entire system a couple of years ago for financial reasons. I have been listening to music primarily through a portable system consisting of an Ipod classic (apple lossless), a Corda move 2 amp, and a pair of SE530 iem's. I am looking to step up my headphone system. I will use this system both at home and at work so although portability is not that important to me, transportability is. I have been reading here a lot but just seem to get more and more lost in all the info and directions I could go to upgrade. My current budget is about $1300 and I can't even decide what piece or pieces I should be looking to upgrade first. Any ideas about where I should concentrate my research would be greatly appreciated because I keep jumping around from cans to amp to source and I am lost.

I listen to an eclectic mix of rock, jazz, blues and classical. My preferences in my home system where for tube electronics, analogue source and classic British loudspeakers. I have no intention of rebuilding my home system and would like to get the most out of headphones that I can on a tight budget.

Emilio

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 3
OK, let me try something more specific to this forum. Will my Corda move 2 drive a pair of Audeze LCD-2's or would I be wasting my money until I could upgrade the amp? Is there a easily portable amp that will drive them?

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
OK, let me try something more specific to this forum. Will my Corda move 2 drive a pair of Audeze LCD-2's or would I be wasting my money until I could upgrade the amp? Is there a easily portable amp that will drive them?

Should, the LCD-2 is (what) 56ohms? Portapros have more impedance at 60ohm. The LCD-2 isn't amp picky but cable picky to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back