EVERYONE! What would you play at CES to show off?
Jan 3, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #46 of 57
Not suggested yet
smily_headphones1.gif

1) Mark Knopfler: Sailing To Philadelphia (with James Taylor)
2) Chris Rea: I Can Hear Your Heartbeat
3) Beethoven's 5th (WPO and Carlos Kleiber on DG)
4) Phil Collins: Can't Stop Loving You
5) Hans Zimmer: The Rock OST (track 1) or Crimson Tide OST (track 5)

/U.

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #51 of 57
Hi Jeff:

A personal favorite of mine is "Long Honeymoon" from Elvis Costello's Imperial Bedroom album. I heard it once on this really high end digital rig (can't quite remember where...
wink.gif
), and it was breathtaking!!

Another good cut would be "Cowboys and Angels" by George Michael (I know...I take a lot of crap for that one
mad.gif
) from the Listen Without Prejudice album.

Both of these tunes are exceptionally well mastered, and have soundstage that is just huge.

Jan 4, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by jefemeister
thanks for the many suggestions. I'm off right now to locate these albums:

Holly Cole - "Temptation"

Okay, I have a question. I've been trying to buy a couple Holly Cole cd's and NO ONE carries them. I've been to several Best Buys, Circuit Citys, Borders and Barnes and Noble bookstores etc. Whats up with this? This woman has been nominated for Grammy's, how can her cds not be available anywhere locally?

JC

Jan 4, 2004 at 4:52 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

One other CD worth picking up that is actually a pretty good recording, and that also has some dynamics is

Edie Brickell is great
Also check out

David Bowies-"Lets Dance" SACD
Dusty Springfield-"The Look Of Love" off of her anthology
Earth, Wind, and Fire-"Thats The Way Of The World"
Outkast-"The Love Below"

Jan 4, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall
Okay, I have a question. I've been trying to buy a couple Holly Cole cd's and NO ONE carries them. I've been to several Best Buys, Circuit Citys, Borders and Barnes and Noble bookstores etc. Whats up with this? This woman has been nominated for Grammy's, how can her cds not be available anywhere locally?

JC

I had the same problem. I checked Jazz, Blues, Rock/R&B, Folk, etc. at Border's, Barnes&Noble, and Best Buy. She's nowhere to be found.

Jan 4, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Nightfall

It's because she's Canadian. I can get her albums at almost any record store up here, even my local library has a couple of her CDs. There's sometimes a long delay before the albums of Canadian artists gets released in the States, and sometimes they never get around to it. You might have to mail order the CDs in that case.

Jan 4, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King, "Sessions"...this album is particularly and extremely well recorded and for the blues lovers is a must, any from Mark Knopfler, or form Ian Anderson: The Secret Language of Birds, Divinities 12 Dances with God, or Rupi's Dance

Damn Sovkiller! You're not joking. This album is not only well recorded but the performance is absolutely amazing! This has become one of most favorite CDs and I've only had it for one day! Thanks for the recommendation!

[edit: add] I'm talking about SRV & Albert King "In Session."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back