Eversolo DMP-A8 Streamer, DAP, DAC and Preamp
Mar 24, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #121 of 143
I got a response from Eversolo:

"The A6 ME's femtosecond clock is the same as the A8's; there's hardly any difference when they're used as streamers."
Late, but when I compared the A6 master to the A8 as streamer, there was a definite difference. The A6 was more forward and clinical, whereas the A8 was more laid back and musical.

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #122 of 143
Late, but when I compared the A6 master to the A8 as streamer, there was a definite difference. The A6 was more forward and clinical, whereas the A8 was more laid back and musical.
There are more than one difference in the A8 and the a6’s I already mentioned that a few posts back, but there were a few that try to move heaven and earth saying that can not be true (where even the shop I bought it from, was actually shocked how much difference was between the three, while that was through a dac (so connected digitally).

All connected at the same time. Chord tt2+MS set on automatic, so switching between the three was almost instant. And the a6 and a6 master where close together, the a8 way better.

Analogue there was no change, the akm chipset is so much better, the a8 won there easy peacy too.

People say they don’t hear a difference the problem has more to do with the amp they are using and speakers.

I think it is a combination of better parts, they choose better one’s for the a8. The a8 uses the lps for the audio part and the smps for the software part. And internally they might so some small optimations too.

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #123 of 143
Yesterday I stumbled upon “JPlay” music controller (UPnP) app when looking for something to use with Minimserver and/or Asset UPnP DLNA (dBpoweramp). I am looking to move away from ROON and the ROON Ready certification is taking too long.

At first I thought JPlay was related to JRiver Media, but it isn’t. JPlay finds all audio endpoints in my household, including the DMP-A8. It however does not see any BluOS devices but that’s okay. While the Eversolo app is decent it can be a bit fiddly, especially with selecting tracks and adding to a queue. I have to say this JPlay (using iOS version, also available for Android) is quite good and looks like it borrowed the UI/UX from ROON, albeit more limited feature set. It has a 14 day trial then about $50 US/year, a third of the cost of yearly ROON which to me is more reasonable. Sound-wise it’s fantastic, imo.

Anyone else know of this and use it?

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #124 of 143
If you have and Android Deivce try BubbleUPnP from the Play Store

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #125 of 143
Roon certification is still missing. After months. When it’s smaller brother has been certified for a lifetime.

It’s really really annoying and disappointing.

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #127 of 143
It is really weird indeed. Software is similar, well you could say identicaI will never use Roon, but can imagine people want to use it.
The Eversolo app is great, but all my system is integrated into Roon.

And there’s no Eversolo desktop app, which is fundamental for me

Mar 25, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #128 of 143

I do have to say though, when I received my Hegel H590 a $12000 Amp, it took them 1,5 years to support Roon. The A8 is not that long on the market. (I think it is more likely, it is already supported but not active yet, due to licency etc…)

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #129 of 143
With Roon and Eversolo A8 I’m using squeebox, it works perfectly

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #130 of 143
With Roon and Eversolo A8 I’m using squeebox, it works perfectly
Agreed, but sometimes it needs me to restart the streamer and only goes up to 192Khz (and I have a few PGGB albums)

Also no album pics.

It works, but it is still a compromise.

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #131 of 143

Have you tried contacting Eversolo, asking them what is taking so long? Especially because the A6 already supports it. They mostly answer quickly within a day or two.

What I have read that Roon already received the a8 from eversolo, 3 months before launch to certify, so the problem really is Roon services beeing slow as crap, which is a disgrace, knowing the high money they ask for a simple service to be honest.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #132 of 143
Bought a pair of used Dynaudio Xeo 4 wireless active speakers from a friend of mine and rarely used them so far, but now I wanted to have something like a "network streamer" with dedicated screen and additional onboard storage capabilities because the speakers will move from my home office room to the living room.

Came across Eversolo's lineup and this thread. I was also looking into the FiiO R9 and Naim Uniti Atom HE a bit, but the A8 looks most promising so far. Anyway, since I am still a noob when it comes to such setups, allow me to ask how would be the best way to hook up such a device to the Xeo 4 to benefit most? As a streamer only, as DAC/Streamer?... and if so, how?
Sorry for that basic questions, but I need to get my head straight before I make a purchasing mistake 🤔😬. Thanks in advance 🙏

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #133 of 143
^
If you’re intent is streamer only you’ll do better with a much cheaper unit like a WiiM (use app on iOS/Android for display) or maybe a CXN if you want a built-in display. This Eversolo is $$$ and kind of overkill if that’s all it will be used for.

For Streamer/DAC then a cable from the analog out of the Eversolo into the analog in of the Dynaudio. However, I did not see analog in mentioned on the X4 spec sheet on their website(?). It’ll be the only way to utilize the awesome DAC of the A8. Otherwise you’re again better off spending less money on a streamer only solution.

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #134 of 143
^
If you’re intent is streamer only you’ll do better with a much cheaper unit like a WiiM (use app on iOS/Android for display) or maybe a CXN if you want a built-in display. This Eversolo is $$$ and kind of overkill if that’s all it will be used for.

For Streamer/DAC then a cable from the analog out of the Eversolo into the analog in of the Dynaudio. However, I did not see analog in mentioned on the X4 spec sheet on their website(?). It’ll be the only way to utilize the awesome DAC of the A8. Otherwise you’re again better off spending less money on a streamer only solution.
WiiM sounds way less, compared to a a8 from eversolo or a hifi rose. I owned a WiiM in the past, and a Zen stream. And out of experience. The a8 came extremely close to the eversolo rs130

The dac is amazing of the a8, but also as streamer only (that’s how I use it, because it was way better than the a6 models, digitally. Yes some say they are the same, no they are certainly not!)

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #135 of 143
It’s placebo if you think just a streamer has a sound signature and there’s audible quality differences between devices. Kinda like cables. But I will leave it at that. It’s your money and decision making after all. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back