Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #31 of 815
On initial use, I was not impressed with the internal DAC at all
I thought i detected that it opened up after some week of normal use. One at the EverSolo forum thought it sounded fully open after playing it non stop for 3 days and he thought it sounded thin and congested in the beginning.

Jul 14, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #32 of 815
greetings

i have gustard r26 and eversolo
kindly i need a bit help in connectin cables so i can use my gustrad as dac and the eversolo as a source

i do not want to use the gustard as a dac using its usb input

so what is the best other options to connect both and which cables I need and where each goes in both devices

Jul 14, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #33 of 815
I thought i detected that it opened up after some week of normal use. One at the EverSolo forum thought it sounded fully open after playing it non stop for 3 days and he thought it sounded thin and congested in the beginning.
Thanks, I'll let it burn in for a while and see if I hear any change.

Jul 15, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #34 of 815
Has anyone else compared its analogue outputs to some other popular DACs? I never really paid attention to this device as a DAC, but someone on the first page commented that it surpassed RME ADI-2 in his opinion and even though I prefer Mojo 2 to ADI-2, it should be pretty respectable level nonetheless.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #35 of 815
I let it play all night last night and it definitely changed. The sharp edges are better. My Yggy took almost a week to settle in so I shouldn’t be surprised here. Thanks for the tip.

Jul 17, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #36 of 815
just bought one , i cant seem to get the apple superdrive to work, connect to the usb-otg slot and setting to file transfer, did i miss anything ? Thanks

Jul 18, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #37 of 815
Hi all!

The device piques my interest, as there are already a number of positive reviews. I consider using DMP-A6 exclusively as a streamer. Perhaps someone already have experience using the device and could answer several questions?
1) Is the sound quality different when using Wi-Fi compared to a wired Internet connection.
2) Are there any problems or bugs when connecting to the DAC via USB.
3) How stable is functionality with Roon and Qobuz.

Maybe it is also possible to give a comparison with other streamers?
I'm wondering if the sound quality (SQ) of the DMP-A6 is inferior to streamers like the:

Lumin U2 (+SQ)
Auralic Aries G2.1 (+SQ)
Matrix Audio element S (+SQ; +SQ)
-----------------------
Lumin U2 Mini (SQ)
Stack Audio Link II (SQ)
-----------------------
Roon Labs Nucleus
Holo Audio RED.

I would appreciate a detailed description of the sound difference.

Thank you in advance for the information provided!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #38 of 815
just bought one , i cant seem to get the apple superdrive to work, connect to the usb-otg slot and setting to file transfer, did i miss anything ? Thanks
Check you are on the latest firmware as there were alterations specifically for that drive in that release. Also I think you should have the otg port setting on external storage rather than PC file transfer mode. Also make sure the drive is connected before you power up the A6, I think it helps the A6 recognise any external drives if this is the case. If you check the Zidoo Eversolo A6 forum and also the ASR forum you will see lots of comments about issues with cd drives, ripping etc.

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #39 of 815
Hi all!

The device piques my interest, as there are already a number of positive reviews. I consider using DMP-A6 exclusively as a streamer. Perhaps someone already have experience using the device and could answer several questions?
1) Is the sound quality different when using Wi-Fi compared to a wired Internet connection.
2) Are there any problems or bugs when connecting to the DAC via USB.
3) How stable is functionality with Roon and Qobuz.

Maybe it is also possible to give a comparison with other streamers? I'm wondering if the sound quality of the DMP-A6 is inferior to streamers like the Lumin U2 Mini and Auralic Aries G2.1 and Roon Labs Nucleus.
I would appreciate a detailed description of the sound difference.

Thank you in advance for the information provided!
I'm not an owner, I have a Rose rs250, I bought it half a year ago on discount as they launched the a model. But I can answer some questions.
1 There can't be change in sound quality unless your stream gets interrupted. This is even less likely with wired connection. Also wifi can get crowded where I live (high-rise).
2 No, usb is best. Usb sends the file and let's the dac handle the file and the clock. You can even send native DSD. Native dsd is definitely the best sounding format and even DoP (DSD over PCM) is noticeably flatter. With a pc your power line could be very noisy but with the Eversolo it should not be any problem. It isn't with my rs250.
3 I never had any problems with Qobuz. However, I always suspect Qobuz, which is the best, still doesn't sound equal to high-res FLAC on SSD. That's why I rather use downloads. Plus that they can't take that away from you with the push of a button.

I can't give you any description of sound differences. I have a hard time believing that putting out a file over usb should make any difference. I think you should look for differences in analog output with the built in dac. That's where the difference in price is too. Heck, I took my €100 Hidizs dap as a server with my own R2R dac for a listening session at the dealer when I went to buy speakers. That is already reference level, the Eversolo should handle that with ease.

I'm happy with the Rose, but if the Eversolo would have been out that's probably what I would have chosen. The only big advantage that keeps me from being disappointed/buyers remorse/regret is the ad-free Rosetube video output. Actually, I payed twice as much for the Rose even at €1750 it's the best purchase ever. You'll love the Eversolo.

Jul 18, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #40 of 815
On more critical listening with Hugo2 as DAC connected with coax. My impressions where that it is the better Dac over the built in one on Master Editon.

More depth and width and more textured details, slightly deeper bass.

Still DMP-A6 Master Editon has great value for its price. The built in Dac is not to far behind. Streaming section is great.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #41 of 815
I am debating between the basic A6 and Master Edition.

Give the specs do you all think there would be an audible difference? I tried to do some research but folks over at ASR think it’s a waste of money to go Master as there will no difference.

Just don’t want to get the wrong model.

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #42 of 815
I haven’t found any direct comparisons between the two. Until there is, it’s really just a personal opinion. I bought the standard edition. As a digital streamer, it sounds fantastic. As a DAC, to me, it sounds like a midfi DAC. It’s pretty good. The upgrades for the Master edition would potentially make the DAC sound better from what I’ve read. No real effect for the digital streamer functionality.

Jul 19, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #43 of 815
Hello, I have a question about wired ethernet connection. I usually connect my streamers with ethernet cable to avoid any risk of signal dropout.
Everything work fine on wifi with my android tablet but I must use the dmp a6 display screen when using wired connection.

Is it normal that we can not use the eversolo app or your tablet to control the streamer when using wired internet connection?

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #45 of 815
I am debating between the basic A6 and Master Edition.

Give the specs do you all think there would be an audible difference? I tried to do some research but folks over at ASR think it’s a waste of money to go Master as there will no difference.

Just don’t want to get the wrong model.
Don't take any advice on sound quality from ASR. Rant alert: skip to the * if you don't care.

Science is their religion and even mentioning improvement in sound quality that they can't measure is heresy. I think ASR stands for Amirs Science Religion 😉. All jokes aside, they think that audio devices can be defined by what he decides needs to be measured. And he decides how the results should be interpreted. What he can not measure, or doesn't like to measure, or does not know how to interpret should not be considered. Science is objective, but this does not mean scientist are! This makes for very bad scientists whose 'findings' can be swayed by any form of incentive (financial not excluded), personal preferences or beliefs. This makes him more of a high priest with a following than a neutral observer.

I think we've seen that enough lately and 'settled science' seems to have been settled primarily by large amounts of money now that the stories in the news are coming out.

This also includes denying that a more expensive device that costs more due to better parts could even possibly be better. By denying they can maintain the belief that they are smarter than others because 'they got the same deal for less money'. They want to believe they are better off sticking their head in the sand and they call that 'being objective'. Holding different and mutually exclusive opinions while claiming both to be true gives you a headache. It's been going around a lot and it's called cognitive dissonance.

To give you some practical advice and some life experience. If you do not care to use it as a standalone and have or want a good dac along the line fed with usb, it doesn't matter.

The upgraded clocks however do make a difference in sound quality. The clock signal is transmitted in sp/dif: coax and optical out. Not in USB or i2s.
The upgraded opamps in the output stage also make a difference and you can definitely hear that. Just ask Burson. I've done some opamp 'rolling' testing different brands and types: it made a lot of difference.

In my experience the Ess 9038 Q2m is a capable dac chip, the 2 channel version of the pro version intended for mobile use etc. It sounds great. It is one of the best even if AKM is more refined. The difference between €150 and €3000 dacs with the 9038 is the clocks, power supply and the output stage. If you want a single box solution the master edition is the better option. Whenever I tell myself: this will do, I can buy it now, very often I regret it later 'if only I saved a bit longer'.

On the other hand: if you just want the best quality and you want and upgrade path; save your money for a seperate dac layer. You can pick any flavor you want later, R2R, ESS, AKM, Chord, Audio Gd, Gustard. And the regular A6 won't disappoint. You need a dac over 1k to really make an improvement. But you're already half way there if you take the regular version.

Also: don't upgrade everything at once or you won't know which does what. Or to big steps up. It's a journey you should enjoy not just rush through and make snapshots.

I hope this helps you make a good decision you are content with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back