Ever owned a pair of cans where your ears stayed cool?
Apr 18, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seem to remember that AKG used the term 'earspeakers'.

earspeaker ≠ headphone, it's as simple as that.

How much pointless arguing has there been over a technicality?

Jeez.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #34 of 44
I find my ears get hot with the comfy's on my sr80i's

Just got some 414 pads which when reversed feel much better, but feel i am loosing out alot on the bass
frown.gif
plus the fact the highs are alot less muffled

I'm tempted to buy some bowls for them to c how they go

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by autosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's how some noobs try to earn internet street cred.

+1 for K1000

What part of there's no ****ing part of the K1000 touching your ears, whether it's on or around (unless you're doing something very wrong) don't you guys get? It's not a technicality, you guys just have no clue what circumaural means.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What part of there's no ****ing part of the K1000 touching your ears, whether it's on or around (unless you're doing something very wrong) don't you guys get? It's not a technicality, you guys just have no clue what circumaural means.

The question asked in the title was:

"Ever owned a pair of cans where your ears stayed cool?"

And THAT was what most people were answering. The problem was created in the fact that the question in the post was different.

And for God's sake, calm down, there is NO reason that people should be getting upset over this.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #37 of 44
If you were to read the title or even abstract of a published scientific article, do you think that would be sufficient to know and understand all of its content? No? Then why would you think only reading the title is enough to answer the OP's question? Are people so lazy now that they don't even bother to read posts anymore and just babble on endlessly about nothing in particular? But then again, at least half the threads made here everyday are completely redundant and unnecessary if the thread starter would only bother searching.

Edit: Of course, with all the junk people are apparently posting nowadays, the search tool might in fact become useless as people have to filter through to get the answers they seek.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever happened to the K-1000 smiley?

It got lost during the outtake in late 2007, and never found its way back.
frown.gif

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #40 of 44
I didn't mean to start an argument, but I guess I should've included in addition to my first post, in the title, circumaural. I apologize. When I wrote it, I meant headphones that fully engulf/surround your ear (D2000, DT770, AD700, A700, etc.etc.). However, I am interested to hear everyone's stories. I'm just wondering why the **** my ears get so hot even when I wear open circumaural cans.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then why would you think only reading the title is enough to answer the OP's question?.

BECAUSE THE TITLE WAS A QUESTION THAT REQUIRES NO FURTHER INFORMATION TO ANSWER.

If someone asks you for "cans that keep your ears cool" then AKG K1000 would be an appropriate answer. It is not inherent in the question that more specifics are needed (as it is in questions like "What cans are right for me?"). The issue came up in the fact that the thread title was a misrepresentation of the actual question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpticElement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't mean to start an argument, but I guess I should've included in addition to my first post, in the title, circumaural. I apologize. When I wrote it, I meant headphones that fully engulf/surround your ear (D2000, DT770, AD700, A700, etc.etc.). However, I am interested to hear everyone's stories. I'm just wondering why the **** my ears get so hot even when I wear open circumaural cans.

That's sort of odd. If you need truly the airiest of the airy, I would again bring up the MDR-F1. It does technically go around your ears.
tongue_smile.gif
. I haven't tried it myself, but just looking at it I can't imagine my ears getting hot. Also, Grados don't accumulate much heat.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #42 of 44
My 780's get hot but only after a good two hr listening sesh, or unless it is a really warm environment

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpticElement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your ears get hot because a lot of body heat is released through your ears.

If you mean the contact point between the pads and your head then that would simply be a matter of finding a more breathable material.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #44 of 44
Among all the circumaural phones that i've used, i would rank from warmest first to coolest as:

(Warmest) HD650 -> Beyer DT770 -> Denon D5000 -> AKG K701 -> MS2i with GS1000 bowls (coolest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back