Ever owned a pair of cans where your ears stayed cool?
Apr 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 44
My rp-htx7 headphones have never given me any problem and I've worn them outside a lot. I've heard some people complain about them warming up the ears but I've never had that problem inside or outside.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 44
I like my Denon D2000. My ears don't get hot at all and it's amazingly comfooooortable. I wonder if it's just me though, because no one even mention it yet :S

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 44
Yeah my d7000 is very comfortable but slightly warm. and grado is sooo very uncomfortable like putting sandpaper on my ears but they are cool except for the burning from the sandpaper feeling.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #23 of 44
The K1000 is not a circumaural [covers your ears] headphone so not sure why people are suggesting it. Might as well suggest speakers or IEMs.

Senn pads on the HE60 are kind to me personally. The combination of fabric and leather works. They get warm but not unbearably so.

I'd imagine an open headphone with true leather or some sort of felt fabric that doesnt have a lot of pressure would be the best.

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 44
Whatever, they are open headphones. Another vote for K1000.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever, they are open headphones. Another vote for K1000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpticElement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone.

Just curious to know if anybody's ever owned a pair of circumaural cans where your ears never became warm, or only did so after an extended period of time (say 3-4 hrs). I thought for sure picking up a set of open phones after trying so many closed ones that my ears would stay nice and cool, but they got warm in about the same amount of time (1 hr)
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K1000 is not a circumaural [covers your ears] headphone so not sure why people are suggesting it. Might as well suggest speakers or IEMs.

What Skin said.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #27 of 44
Senn HD280s would be the worst I've tried. Grados aren't that bad, but do get warm after a while. HD650s are cool as cucumbers, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by limin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
circumaural means around ear. i'd say the k1000's sit around your ears; certainly not on, or in, or exclusively above, under, in front of or behind.

it literally means around the ear. The OP specifically asked about circumaural headphones. The k1000 does not sit around your ear, nor is it a headphone in the classic sense, especially since people often angle them outward.

By your broad understanding i could take some speakers, tape them together and dangle them across my head and you'd call them circumaural headphones.

Incorrect.

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #30 of 44
Jecklin Floats. They seem more circaumural-esque then K1000, because they actually touch your ears, and have pads that go behind the ears.

My ears don't get hot no matter what phones I use, unless it's a hot day outside..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back