Ever had wrong CD pressed into new disc?
Sep 10, 2009 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

leichnitz

100+ Head-Fier
Just opened new, shrink-wrapped CD from Amazon. Disc is Langley Schools Music Project. Anyway, I open the shrink-wrap, pop out disc. Disc looks good, top side printed with image, title and colors matching the CD box. Pop it into the CD player and . . . some lecture on child development is on entire disc. They obviously pressed the wrong audio info onto this disc.

Has anyone ever seen this?

I guess I will send it back. But if it were say, Revolver incorrectly burned into a new "Toys in the Attic" disc, would be worth something?

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 19
I've bought thousands and thousands of CDs. This has only happened to me once. I forget the details, but I exchanged if for a good copy. I doubt it would be worth anything, no matter the nature of the mix-up.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #4 of 19
I've had it happen once on CD, Many times on Vinyl. Send it back.. Amazon is pretty good with returns on CD's

I had a CD/DVD recently turn up all shrink wrapped & security sealed, but missing one of the discs. Amazon refunded my money in a couple of days, and paid for the return.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had it happen once on CD, Many times on Vinyl. Send it back.. Amazon is pretty good with returns on CD's

I had a CD/DVD recently turn up all shrink wrapped & security sealed, but missing one of the discs. Amazon refunded my money in a couple of days, and paid for the return.

Yeah, I loath returning stuff. Always such a hassle. But I just completed the Amazon system - print out return labels, at their cost - and it was actually pretty painless. In fact, encouraged by other positive posts here on Head-Fi, I am considering paying the annual fee for the Amazon Prime program.

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you have against child development?

It was actually pretty funny. I had friends around the dinner table, and made a big intro about how this particular album is a collection of elementary school kids, etc. Then I put on the CD expecting it to entertain us through dinner, and a touchy-feely voice starts talking about the key to raising healthy children is love, etc. At first, we think this is a corny opening track by the principal or something to introduce the music. But she keeps going on and on, and when I skip to track 2, which I notice is 15 minutes later, she is still talking. At that point, we realized we were not going to hear the Langley School kids over dinner!

Sep 10, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 19
Three times in my case. The first instance was a CD from some obscure world-music label: the disc was supposedly Athenian folk music; the music turned out to be guitar-rock.

EMI Classical was responsible for the 2nd and the 3rd mix-ups. One of the discs from their Mahler/Bertini box-set contained the wrong symphony, and I have to send it back for an exchange. Another box-set of theirs, the Hadyn/Beecham set, was one tangle mess of mix-ups. (a reviewer on Amazon had the same problem). I didn't bother to return the discs as all the music were there, albeit not on the correct discs.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 19
No, never seen that one.
Bought probably 1000 CDs during the years and never got one with the wrong content.

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #12 of 19
not to my knowledge... i have bought used CDs where the complete wrong disc is in the case

i go back to where i bought it and it's usually set right (they either find the right disc or give me my money back)

which brings me to one of my biggest gripes... CDs where the label art has no way of identifying what disc it is.. no album title, no band name, label doesn't even contain any elements of the cover art to allow you to match it up that way

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 19
I only have one issue out of a couple thousand disc and it was blank. I did not pay attention put in the player ant it said no disc. I thought my player went bad tried another player and the same. Put it in the computer and it said something about be un-readable. Returned it and the new one was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back