Even if you dont like hiphop.. read.
Aug 5, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #31 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman

sounds like you've got some sort of personal vendetta on your shoulders, buddy. even your attempted insults are going off topic.. loool.

anyway, if you absolutely must throw around derogatory epithets to give yourself a position of mock importance in this community, feel free to PM me.. quit crushing the thread.

Aug 5, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
sounds like you've got some sort of personal vendetta on your shoulders, buddy. even your attempted insults are going off topic.. loool.

anyway, if you absolutely must throw around derogatory epithets to give yourself a position of mock importance in this community, feel free to PM me.. quit crushing the thread.

He's just a whiny kid ... I made a little joke about him in some thread and he PM'ed me with these long winded responses about basically nothing than too inflate his already large ego. There is no winning with this kid, just ignore him.

Aug 5, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #33 of 114
I think rap music threads cause arguments, nobody wants to concede any ground they're too busy trying to out "rap" each other
tongue.gif

Chill out
cool.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #34 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
i find that most twin cities hiphop has reasonably simple production, as oposed to say NY hiphop or such. Maybe it's just because of the prevelance of rhymeslayers though. ant probably produces half of everything from the twin cities and influences 40% of the rest :p

for me, twin cities and even nyc stuff gets too much into the "i got **** to prove" and all that bs. I'm sick of hip hop being about machismo and such.

When I first heard blackalicious, I couldn't believe that a talented MC was actually talking about something else other than how he was better than other people.

Twin cities rappers use "emo" (if you want to call it that) but it's still about proving themselves.

i like MF Doom and Madlib because they really play on the archetypes of hiphop and draw on older roots (Ultramagnetic MCs, older peanutbutter wolf etc.) to push the form.

Doom's lyrics are insanely clever, sure, they're hit and miss sometimes but have you heard Figaro?

it works on so many levels it isn't even funny.

Aug 6, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #36 of 114
such anger. we all know what anger leads to...

really liking the stuff I'm finding under some of the names suggested in this topic. will have to give this genre more attention in the future

Aug 6, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #38 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
to hate...... hate leads to......

A punch in the face.

/kill thread

Aug 6, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #39 of 114
We all know that people are the same wherever you go, there is good and bad in everyone blah blah blah "ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony" <singing>
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #40 of 114
Quote:

An online forum is no place for making guesses about what COULD have been said. Deductive reasoning is of no use when it is applied to a forum which has no vocal communication of ANY SORT.

Actually, I think that a thread about hip hip is no place for a discussion of the application of deductive reasoning, what someone did or did not say, Communism, Republicanism, Mao, Stalin or any of the other irrelevant garbage that you've brought up here in some convoluted defense of free speech in forums. If you really want to respect people's rights to discuss all sides of an issue, then SHUT UP and let them discuss the issue.

[size=xx-small](And yes, I do recognize the paradox in the fact that I have just contributed to the same type of noise that I am objecting against. For those trying to have an honest discussio here, I apologize for that.)[/size]

Aug 6, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #41 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hase
That was quite the tirade. Can we just let this topic go? I know, I am being a communist (although I prefer fascist) and trying to shut you up but part of everyone being allowed to impart an opinion is that social controls develop. Such controls, once one has been socialized therein, often prevent diatribes such as yours from spiraling into lengthy and useless arguments that destroy otherwise satisfactory threads. Please, can we stay on the topic, even if it isn't a terrific one.

Haha, you win
biggrin.gif

Aman, please just shut up and go back to trying to impress girls with your incredible intellect/arrogance (I'm not quite sure, leaning towards the latter) - if anyone's sending this community "down the tube", it's you.

Oh, and the track is great - much removed to what I usually listen to, but still very impressive. I may have to check out some more of these guys
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #42 of 114
Quote:

My thoughts are my own, and most people know them.

I was trying to get people angry. I was kind of laughing at some of the pathetic responses here.... rightfully deserved
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Remember: I go to MIT. I am better than all of you
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Allow me to allaborate. South Park often times tries to make fun (almost non-satirically) of all the "criers". Those are people that complain and b*tch if anything is slightly one-sided, and try to take pride in the fact that they superficially try to make things offensively balanced and "goody goody". Asmox and Gshan made very ridiculous and stupid comments towards one pretty well-observant and intelligent thought. That, in my mind, is a South Park moment.

Opinions are ok? Let me give you mine then.

I think its a damn PITY that people like you so high on their mighty horses not only are given the Headphone Supremus title when all you can do is use correct grammar and witty sentences to argue your way out of (wooops) lack of knowledge. Wait, dont ban me, i'm not dissing you, just stating my opinion...

Personally after reading this thread I think all you deserve is a ban, and it'll truly make all our reading alot better, seeing as I didnt click this thread to read that kind of BS.

Opinions, as you have learned from me stating mine right now, are OK until they DISRESPECT or OFFEND others. I guess you being a MIT student didn't help any in thinking things that far.

Aug 6, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #43 of 114
Quote:

Great.

Another hip hop thread.

Anyone want to guess how this one ends up?

This was not intended to offend anybody.

Again, might you look back to posts of further back? You would probably find that the whole reason I said any of these things was because people GOT offended by something that wasn't at all offensive. They made a big, asinine deal out of something and, of course, when I jumped in, it spiraled out of control.

Quote:

Actually, I think that a thread about hip hip is no place for a discussion of the application of deductive reasoning, what someone did or did not say, Communism, Republicanism, Mao, Stalin or any of the other irrelevant garbage that you've brought up here in some convoluted defense of free speech in forums. If you really want to respect people's rights to discuss all sides of an issue, then SHUT UP and let them discuss the issue.

Why not, exactly? If it leads to there, that's where it should go. We're not allowed to discuss things that are indirectly related to the topic? Are we that ****ing tight-assed about everything that we can't discuss something unless each and every post is EXACTLY in line with the previous?! Again, asinine.

Quote:

I think its a damn PITY that people like you so high on their mighty horses not only are given the Headphone Supremus title when all you can do is use correct grammar and witty sentences to argue your way out of (wooops) lack of knowledge. Wait, dont ban me, i'm not dissing you, just stating my opinion...

I never stated an opinion which contained name-calling and vulgar descriptions of fellow forum members.

Quote:

(And yes, I do recognize the paradox in the fact that I have just contributed to the same type of noise that I am objecting against. For those trying to have an honest discussio here, I apologize for that.)

You're not any better than me. Nor are you any better than any of the other fools who have contributed to this mess. If you're trying to have an honet "discussio", then you are far from failing -- and not because you are off topic, but because you are using offensive language towards another member of the forums. Grow up.

Quote:

Please, can we stay on the topic, even if it isn't a terrific one.

Is this a question? I fail to find a question mark. If you will say those things to me, you will say them correctly, in the same manner and respect in which I do to everybody else. In other words, I actually graduated from high school with a decent grade in English. If you didn't, then you have no reason to be here.

Quote:

Do we who appreciate hip hop go trashing threads regarding the best recording of Beethoven's 9th? Not that I see.

So far, it appears that the level of maturity in such threads is quite high compared to these threads. I post in them all the time, but I never see people getting pissy about other peoples' comments, trying to make something out of them that they are not, in those particular topics. And. of course, the level of maturity has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that we're discussing rap versus classical, but because, coincidentally, all of the idiots who read such rap threads take one person's post (beach's) and try to completely change its character and ideals, therefore making every rap thread complete crap, and every classical thread very sane and enjoyable.

How's that for equality?
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Such controls, once one has been socialized therein, often prevent diatribes such as yours from spiraling into lengthy and useless arguments that destroy otherwise satisfactory threads.

From the first reply (second post, for those who are brain dead), we could easily tell that this thread was not satisfactory. But, more importantly, the first post to be considered as such is not my post, but indeed Gshan's post, who idiotically decided that if something negative is said about a thread which HAPPENS TO BE A RAP THREAD, that person automatically hates rap and should therefore be condemned to hell.
rolleyes.gif
If all classical threads were to be brought down in such ******** as this, I think beach would have made a very similar comment.

This has absolutely nothing to do with rap music, you ******** -- it has a LOT to do with the fact that nobody can get away with saying ANYTHING if it spirals slightly off topic or out of character in accordance to the other two posts made before it. We are all mature adults here -- we don't need some idiot controlling our conversations, and getting the whole "U SUK U SUK UR NOT BEING FAIR U HATE RAP MUSIK GO AWAY!" treatment. If something goes off topic and people don't agree with it or whatever -- they don't have to reply if they don't want to. However, if they do, they should be able to with maturity.

Quote:

Don't mind him .. he's a MIT student so his exquisite taste in all that is the .. WORLD is much larger than normal folks like ourselves.

/Drudges off to the coal mine ....

[size=medium]THIS IS NOT MATURITY, FOLKS![/size]

Quote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Your signature is such that it would seem that no, in fact, you aren't.

[size=medium]THIS IS A MATURE POST[/size]

And yes, I was sarcastic. Thank you for noticing.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

good job on f**cking up a perfectly good thread

One of the first major signs of hostility.

Quote:

anyway.. your pseudo-intellectualism is bringing on a case of severe mental anguish. you are either completely moronic or selectively blind. good luck at MIT.

Another major sign of hostility (I'm kind of going in order here).

If you people can make posts something they're not, then I certainly can respond to hostility (yet in a much more mature manner than asmox, of course)... can I not? I think that being a member of these forums just like everybody else, I am entitled to speaking my mind just as much as the next idiot who pulls a "South Park Moment". Get rid of those moments, and I will have no reason to discuss in these pathetic threads, will I? Again, for those with no pulses out there, the answer to my own question is NO.

PS: What the hell is wrong with proper grammar? Isn't that something to be encouraged here, considering that almost all of our active members are 16 and older? Improper grammar only tells us that the poster has absolutely no care for what he is communicating to everybody else, and it also shows a lack of intelligence and ability in the area of WRITING.

Aug 6, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #44 of 114
Quote:

You're not any better than me.

Quote:

In other words, I actually graduated from high school with a decent grade in English. If you didn't, then you have no reason to be here.

Quote:

I think that being a member of these forums just like everybody else, I am entitled to speaking my mind just as much as the next idiot who pulls a "South Park Moment".

Quote:

PS: What the hell is wrong with proper grammar?

Well, since this thread is now thoroughly hijacked, is anyone else enjoying the irony of Aman's rant about proper grammar?

Aug 6, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #45 of 114
Quote:

Well, since this thread is now thoroughly hijacked, is anyone else enjoying the irony of Aman's rant about proper grammar?

No, I don't see the irony. Care to explain?
rolleyes.gif

Let me go further with that. "no reason", while not grammatically correct, is quite a traditional slang phrase. Where do you live, Pakistan?

"You're not any better than me". Please. You didn't put a question mark in a sentence which asked a question, and you're telling me to replace "me" with "I"?! Give me an effing break.

Oh, and I didn't add a COMMA somewhere. Excuse me! I should have been more careful! I just wrote, like, a ****ing novel -- you wrote four sentences -- almost none of which had correct grammatical structure, and you scour through my entire post and find three grammar errors?

Again, give me an effing break. I gave everybody else plenty of breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back