Aug 4, 2005 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 114

Kassem

500+ Head-Fier
Like it says..

Hear it out would you?

Artist: Eyedea & Abilities

Song: Music Music

try it and let me know what you think

p.s. it really glorifies how beautiful music is.

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 114
yeah... that was a great read.. i think............
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 114
Well.. I sure did expect more reading than that...

But here's my two cents on Eyedea and Abilities...

I live in the Twin Cities (go to school in Chicago), so I've been ambushed by lots of the Rhymesayers crew, Atmosphere, Blueprint, Eyedea, Brother Ali... etc... My friends love it and I've listened to it a billion times, either when we're sitting around and chilling out or in the car driving to whatever destination we want to get to. I mean honestly... you really can't go around living in the Twin Cities without knowing about Rhymesayers, I've been to about 20 of their concerts, from Atmosphere to Los Nativos...

Eyedea has talent, I'll give you that. Abilities is a pretty good DJ, not as good as Ant, but good. I for one, however, am not a fan of hiphop or rap. I just can't listen to it and no matter how hard I try to enjoy it and get into the music for what it is, it just doesn't work for me. Yes, I've heard Music Music... it's good, but I still don't like hip hop. It's just not something I can listen to over and over again like I can with classical or rock.

Aug 5, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Well...no need to thread crap just because you don't like a certain genre...

Did i say anywhere in there i didnt like the genre?

No, i am making a refrence to how all the other threads about hip hop end up as 12 page flame wars.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #7 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456

No, i am making a refrence to how all the other threads about hip hop end up as 12 page flame wars.
rolleyes.gif

i suppose that means we should exclude an entire genre from discussion on this forum
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 114
Eyedea is decent, he really shines in his actual " freestyles " ... Abilities is cool, nothing exciting or new but he's good enough to get some shine so that's that.

I was a Slug semi-fan for a bit when Seven's Travels got a bit of play with Trying To Find A Balance....

Yeah, I got some last words
**** ALL OF YA'LL
Stop writing raps
and go play volleyball

Poetic Genius!

Then the rest of the album sucked and I went on and started listening to some other cat.

Fin.

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Yeah, because it sucks!
biggrin.gif
Sophisticated people don't listen to this "rap" garbage!!
wink.gif

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Your signature is such that it would seem that no, in fact, you aren't.

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #11 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by kampfy
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Your signature is such that it would seem that no, in fact, you aren't.

Don't mind him .. he's a MIT student so his exquisite taste in all that is the .. WORLD is much larger than normal folks like ourselves.

/Drudges off to the coal mine ....

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 114
My thoughts are my own, and most people know them.

I was trying to get people angry. I was kind of laughing at some of the pathetic responses here.... rightfully deserved
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Remember: I go to MIT. I am better than all of you
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Allow me to allaborate. South Park often times tries to make fun (almost non-satirically) of all the "criers". Those are people that complain and b*tch if anything is slightly one-sided, and try to take pride in the fact that they superficially try to make things offensively balanced and "goody goody". Asmox and Gshan made very ridiculous and stupid comments towards one pretty well-observant and intelligent thought. That, in my mind, is a South Park moment.

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:53 AM Post #13 of 114
I don't think it's observant to predict that a thread is headed down the crapper when your post is the one that's sending it on its way. And I also don't think it's stupid or ridiculous to suggest that sabotaging a thread with pure negativity or excluding the most popular form of music in the world from non-genre-specific music discussion forum are bad things.

Aug 5, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #14 of 114
The original poster was NOT intending what this guy is implying:
Quote:

Well...no need to thread crap just because you don't like a certain genre...

He was being observant and true to his word. This guy wanted to be annoying, so he started accusing him of being tasteless and not accepting. Real mature...
rolleyes.gif

I'm tired of everybody bashing everybody for stating opinions that may be one-sided. Isn't that why they're opinions?! People have different ideas and interpretations of things! Some people refuse to be "open" -- just like this weirdo who thought that this guy was posting a "thread crap". He was just as not "accepting" to the poster's ideas as he may be toward any specific music genre.

He's not tollerant of rap music? Well, everybody else is not tollerant of people that have opinions!
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

No, you didn't, Beach. You are not at fault. In fact, you are showing everybody how dumb this community has become.

Aug 5, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #15 of 114
This thread sucks and i blame Aman

E&A are okay, but as a fan of that particualar genre of music, I dont like them *that* much. that said, i've only heard one album and one concert, and never "music music".

People will always hate hiphop. not because it's bad, but because it's got a bad image and people are unwilling to give it a chance. even those who give it a listen, they're so internally biased that they wont allow themself to enjoy it.

I know, however, that all of the friends of mine who i've played indie hiphop to for long enough periods of time to break down their biases have ended up fans

That said, hiphop isn't the be-all and end-all of music like too many people treat it as. It's the best current genre of music by far (certainly the most progressive genre), but is just one of many great genres (jazz, blues, classical, 60s rock, electronica being personal favourites of mine)

Of course, all above references to "hiphop" refer to "underground/indie hiphop and a few popular hiphop arists". Most popular hiphop is absolutely terrible, with the exception of a few people

edit: and beach was totally threadcrapping. every post up to his was positive, and his post was clearly negative in the way that he phrased it. "great. another hiphop thread.". Up to his post i felt that this thread would all be about music, but as soon as i saw his negative take on a hiphop thread i knew that it would be downhill from there on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back