Eva cassidy - Simply Eva
Feb 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #19 of 33

Quote:
Wow, She is indeed amazing. Heavenly voice and wonderful song selection/interpretation. No wonder so many people like her. Please recommend similar singers (some unique singer like Eva......I have heard Sarah Mclachlan and Norah Jones too many times but not impressed by them to the same level).

I have often wondered why I like certain voices and others not. 

With Eva I have always enjoyed the simplicity and clarity ,the special and smooth way she could hold a note , a lot longer than you usually expect to hear in this popular world . I have never heard a vibrato as delicate and soothing.
I love the way she could transform words to liquid music and made you feel them . 
She just makes me feel the emotional sincerity in her songs better than most . 

But she was a soprano , singing ballads and folk songs.
I hear the same sincerity in the music of   Salena Jones.
A pity Eva is lost to us and most of the recordings dont do justice to her voice.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #20 of 33

Quote:

Thanks for turning me on to another singer. I just checked her out and I am going to order a couple of cds.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #21 of 33
Exactly, Eva's song touches me with "emotional sincerity", which I find lacking in those typical commercial recordings these days.

Quote:
I have often wondered why I like certain voices and others not. 

With Eva I have always enjoyed the simplicity and clarity ,the special and smooth way she could hold a note , a lot longer than you usually expect to hear in this popular world . I have never heard a vibrato as delicate and soothing.
I love the way she could transform words to liquid music and made you feel them . 
She just makes me feel the emotional sincerity in her songs better than most . 

But she was a soprano , singing ballads and folk songs.
A pity Eva is lost to us and most of the recordings dont do justice to her voice.

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #22 of 33
Ya'lls probably done heard of Diana Krall and Patricia Barber.  But there is something about Madelyn Peyroux ya'lls gotta check out.  I think "Half the Perfect World" is her better CD of the three or four that I am aware she has out...

Thanks for the lead to Salena Jones...will def give her a lissen....

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #23 of 33
I am also a big fan. Have all her albums including this one. I would rank this one as No. 3.  Still think that Live at Blues Alley is THE BEST. 
I would also recommand Melody Gardot, Katie Melua, Stacey Kent and Youn Sun Nah for ppl who is looking for great female vocalist. Oh...and ADELE!!!! 

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #25 of 33
Amazing voice.  the level of clarity in these recording and the purity of her voice is amazing.  its like a personal concert when i listen to this.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #29 of 33
I just previewed amos lee. He sounded really good. I will pick this up the next batch of cdsI order.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #30 of 33

thanks for the heads-up blankdisc, Melody Gardot is excellent,,, and Eva too of course
Quote:
I am also a big fan. Have all her albums including this one. I would rank this one as No. 3.  Still think that Live at Blues Alley is THE BEST. 
I would also recommand Melody Gardot, Katie Melua, Stacey Kent and Youn Sun Nah for ppl who is looking for great female vocalist. Oh...and ADELE!!!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back