Eva cassidy - Simply Eva
Jan 25, 2011 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

KingStyles

Headphoneus Supremus
Simple Eva just came out today and I find it to be a great album. It is just Eva and her guitar on every track. While you may have heard some of the tracks before, these are different versions of them. If your an Eva Cassidy fan you might want to check this album out.

Jan 25, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 33
checking this out, thanks!

Jan 30, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 33
Just got the CD yesterday.  Love it!  Acoustic versions of the songs really let her voice shine through. 

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 33
Never heard of her before this thread but just checked out some youtube vids of her:  incredible!  Ordered the CD, thanks
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 33

Quote:
Never heard of her before this thread but just checked out some youtube vids of her:  incredible!  Ordered the CD, thanks
biggrin.gif

You need to pic up her best album   --  Live at Blues Alley

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #13 of 33
Good dynamics, her voice sounds great. Over the rainbow is the never released version from her live at blues alley concert. A little back ground hiss but the song is great. Wade in the water sounds like it was taped in a aluminum cave. Overall though, good sound quality and not to much compression allowing her voice to shine.

Feb 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #15 of 33
I just listened to the snippets on Amazon - very good. 

I got a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card as a gift for Christmas. I was going to buy two vinyl releases, but I might just get this CD instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back