European meetup - post your ideas here
Aug 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #91 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amsterdam is more central though it's a shame no one has stepped up.

Amsterdam is pretty cool, and before June could be even cheap (like 17EUR for bed in 12bed room)

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #92 of 234
Wait, isn't Helsinki pretty much the nearest option from all over Europe?
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #93 of 234
I'd vote for London however it can be quite expensive for those not local so I think somewhere in France or Amsterdam would be a good choice. I'd bet on Amsterdam now - good airport nearby plus it's reachable by those of us stranded on an island by the channel tunnel (if I could find a UK headfi-er to grab a lift from).

Aug 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #94 of 234
Look thats all great guys and gals but someone please step up and take part in it.
I'd gladly do a lot of the work but as far as the stuff local goes I'm no good and holding it in Copenhagen is less than ideal for many - especially the people from south Europa.

To reiterate for the n'th time - step up you mad people who likes to plan and not get credit (at least not as much as you deserve in my experience - one gotta be half mad to keep doing this)

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #97 of 234
Are there any interest from companies who would like to sponsor such event? I asked several guys, but unfortunately without any success, however they do appreciate for contacting them
biggrin.gif

Seriously, there are so many things to arrange and to do that doing this for your own costs is no go for me, sorry guys.
The best what we could do is get in contact with possible sponsors first, to see if they are interested and what are the things that they would like to be involved with, financially as well.
After that, we have to put organising group together to make a plan, but first thing first, imo.

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #98 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any interest from companies who would like to sponsor such event? I asked several guys, but unfortunately without any success, however they do appreciate for contacting them
biggrin.gif

Seriously, there are so many things to arrange and to do that doing this for your own costs is no go for me, sorry guys.
The best what we could do is get in contact with possible sponsors first, to see if they are interested and what are the things that they would like to be involved with, financially as well.
After that, we have to put organising group together to make a plan, but first thing first, imo.

Well I'm pretty sure John Willet and I can persvade Sennheiser for some level of engagement - quistion is how big and that depends on alot of things.

In general I wouldn't think money as a problem - we will just size it down.
I just prefer staying more independant rather than having one big vendor doing the major support which will always be somewhat on their terms for bad or good.
Dispite all my love for Sennheiser of course - was planning to head by their HQ near Hannover this summer but nether my wallet nor my better half had the time due the [semi]student situation we are in
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #99 of 234
I gve up ...

You guys cant make a one single agreement ...

As we all know, Germany is the best choice .. for geographical and some more reason ...
Looks to me there will be a local mini meets around ...

How ever, i give up on this idea, got to go to Florida in november anyway ...

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #100 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gve up ...

As we all know, Germany is the best choice .. for geographical and some more reason ...

I can't tell if that is sarcastic, irate, or simply arrogant.

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #103 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't tell if that is sarcastic, irate, or simply arrogant.

Nope, none of this !

I am FROM Florida! Living temporary in Germany !

You go back and read posts about meet in Europe, and then tell me i am wrong ...

Sure thing i am going to Florida, i am there twice a year for 2-3 weeks ...

I can tell you a lot of reasons why i think Germany is good choice for meet, YOU explane your comment i quote ...

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #104 of 234
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gve up ...

Hard to agree on a location until a local crew is formed!
Until that happens I think it is fair to keep several possible locations open, as it is hard to arrange a remote meeting. Especially cross borders.

Germany is fine. But it will probably not happen unless anybody in Germany step up to take a major part arranging such an event.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back