Euro Cup 08
Jun 10, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #46 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by mercbuggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Normal service resumed....Wimbledon (I mean Greece) lose to an under-strength Sweden.

What a goal from Ibrahimovic!
eek.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #48 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_TNT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a goal from Ibrahimovic!
eek.gif

Agreed, but the Greek defence gave him far too much space too turn and play the 1-2 with Larsson. Either way, right off the sweet spot of the boot. Unstoppable.

Jun 10, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #49 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by tohni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yeah, nice to see Italy being butchered. They deserved maybe one or two - or five - more. Felt so good. I was expecting one of these typical draws.

Ow I hated it! Italy played like Holland would normally do, like losers.
Best game I've seen by the dutchmen since long time. Let's see if they can keep the spirit up....looking at past years, very unlikely.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #50 of 181
Quote:

like Holland would normally do, like losers

I beg your pardon? IMO Holland plays nice footie, most of the time that is. You're probably just too critical... I for one would really like them to take the title this time. They got so many good players. (I am German and put my money on France. Wish I hadn't, though, after seeing the first game.)

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #52 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by tohni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I beg your pardon? IMO Holland plays nice footie, most of the time that is. You're probably just too critical... I for one would really like them to take the title this time. They got so many good players. (I am German and put my money on France. Wish I hadn't, though, after seeing the first game.)

Holland does have good players, I fully agree but they suck at playing as a team (except last game that is), or to keep their focus throughout an entire game.
Usually the first half they're "trying" but the secong half is nothing more than a big laugh. Last W.K. shows my point pretty well, I think
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #53 of 181
Well, fantastic is a bit to much, I think, they just didn't had an real adversary, imo. What Russians did was a disaster, simply nothing. Happened all the time when they do not score first. I call them zero mentality players... Plus the strategy was totally wrong, no tempo or any structure on field, they looked like armatures

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercbuggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Spanish were fantastic this evenin

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #54 of 181
Yeah the Russian defence was just laughable, they gave the ball away to an attacker multiple times without the attackers even trying. I thought the Russian goal was beautiful though.

Jun 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #55 of 181
They need some bunch of Spanish paper in their a...
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the Russian defence was just laughable, they gave the ball away to an attacker multiple times without the attackers even trying. I thought the Russian goal was beautiful though.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #57 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, fantastic is a bit to much, I think, they just didn't had an real adversary, imo. What Russians did was a disaster, simply nothing. Happened all the time when they do not score first. I call them zero mentality players... Plus the strategy was totally wrong, no tempo or any structure on field, they looked like armatures

Don't forget where I'm from....if England had qualified I would have got over-excited in preparation for the crushing disappointment later on
frown.gif
...either way, Spain were exemplary in 'pass and move', vision and pace. The question is whether Spain can carry it through as always.

Jun 12, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #58 of 181
Spain's defense on paper looks amazing, but it was far from it during the match. Sergio Ramos messed up a few times giving the ball away in his own half and Puyol looked frustrated and over-worked.

I think Spain (and Portugal) have shown they have some serious vulnerabilities in the back. When they get to face a team with some real offense and ball winners in the midfield, they will be tested. Look at the Czech Portugal match today. Absolutely fantastic and it could have gone either way - remember that header that went just wide of the Portuguese goal right before Ronaldo scored. Had that gone in, we might have seen quite a different finish. In the end, Portugal were really tested. It will happen to Spain once they advance out of the group as I don't think their group is nearly as competitive as the others.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #59 of 181
Have you heard? Adam Ledwon who played for the national team of Poland in 18 matches in the '90s committed suicide yesterday. Poland has to play tonight. Weird stuff.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #60 of 181
Did you see the (slightly) farsical conditions for the Swiss vs Turkey? The swiss goal held up in a puddle allowing the simpliest of tap-ins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back