May 31, 2008 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 181

Rednamalas1

Headphoneus Supremus
Oh boy.. Where to start?

England didn't qualify
frown.gif
- very sad about that, for sure.

Group C - group of death?

Italy, France, Romania, Netherlands? brutal!! I'll be keeping an eye on that group, for sure.

what are your predictions for this year??

May 31, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 181
Germany for the win!!

I'd say Germany, Italy, France, and Netherlands have the best chances. Maybe Portugal as well because Ronaldo is simply a monster at the moment. It was hilarious when England didn't qualify. Three English teams in the final four of the Champions League, but not going to the Euro. Then again 60% of all players in England are not English.

Shameless plug for my facebook app:
Euro 2008 Your Bet | Facebook

May 31, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A census of european women's cup sizes in 2008.

Shweet... I'd sign up, but we know what happens to census takers, right?

May 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shweet... I'd sign up, but we know what happens to census takers, right?

cavity search?

sorry, I don't think they measure men's cup size, regardless of their uses of man-bras.

Ronaldo is amazing, for sure, but is that enough for Portugal to reach the top though?

May 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was hilarious when England didn't qualify. Three English teams in the final four of the Champions League, but not going to the Euro.

Indeed, and a Final that has to be decided on penalties
frown.gif
a crappy way to settle any final imo

Quote:

Then again 60% of all players in England are not English.

Uncle Sepp has an idea about fixing that...

If I were a gambler my 2p would be on Germany

May 31, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Sepp has an idea about fixing that...

The underlying intention is not bad but I think it's the worst idea that has come out of FIFA for years, not to mention that it's against European law.

May 31, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 181
I hope it's over for Holland very fast.
The country is completely mad. I can't stand the color orange anymore
mad.gif

May 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #11 of 181
the ususal supects: though I don't like the way they play, Italy; maybe not, though I love the way they (are able to) play, France. Portugal is going out early, in Manchester Ronaldo has some support; here, he is not enough. Spain would have taken the crown with Raul
biggrin.gif
. Don't know about Germany, they seem to be able to play bad throughout and still win (I am German). Maybe Greece again?
I am going for France: Ribéry, Evra, Henry (on a good day), Benzema, etc. - that might work.

Edit: forgot about the Dutch. A friend summed it up nicely: they play the best football, yet they concede a penalty in overtime, meaning they lose 1:0. Seems they got more efficient though. Always wanted them to take the title, it never happened. So, I almost gave up on them. I'd still think it's cool if they win. They could for sure. If only they avoid Brazil.
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #12 of 181
As a Dutch guy I'm going for the Netherlands. But since we are sitting in "the group of death" -together with Italy, France and Romania- I'm affraid that the chance that we become the champion (again) is relative small, or at least much smaller than when we are in the other group.
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #15 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im just glad england arent in it, now i wont see those annoying flags sticking out of car windows!!

yay

Yeah, I quite agree with you there Al4x ,

I was disappointed for all of 5 minutes when we failed to qualify.To be honest , I tend to think its a relatively small price to pay for having what is now a very high standard of football in the Premiership.

I'm also more than happy for England to sit this one out , as I'll probably be able to relax and really enjoy the tournament now
biggrin.gif

-No national flag waving frenzy and relentless media overkill.
-No inevitable England failure in a quarter final penalty shoot-out.
-Quiet pubs to watch every match in and no queue for the bar!
-Ability to skive off work to watch important games ......without arousing too much suspicion.

I'm hoping the Germans win this one. But my money will , as per usual....(surely they must come good in a major tournament eventually!?!) be on Spain .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back