Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jun 30, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #841 of 1,388
Apologies for not being clear enough, the whole tube amp thing is new to me. I'm using the amp with the ZMF Auteur (OG, not classic). Currently, the only source I'm using is my iphone via rca cables because my Bifrost 2 is getting repaired. Attached are pictures.

Attachments

• IMG-4381.jpg
    IMG-4381.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-4382.jpg
    IMG-4382.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-4383.jpg
    IMG-4383.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #843 of 1,388
Apologies for not being clear enough, the whole tube amp thing is new to me. I'm using the amp with the ZMF Auteur (OG, not classic). Currently, the only source I'm using is my iphone via rca cables because my Bifrost 2 is getting repaired. Attached are pictures.
That looks lovely. When you have Bifrost 2 back, what will be your ‘source’?

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #846 of 1,388
Lovely amp!!! Glad it's going well now. What are your thoughts after some use??

I've read every page here with great interest. I commissioned Wieslaw to build a hybrid for me in March and he has just sent mine - it's a prototype hybrid for me using 6sn7 tubes (my 3 headphones are all low impedance). I'm so excited. He just put up a pic on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuFmV0uN9rd/

1688182866994.png

Jun 30, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #847 of 1,388

I've read every page here with great interest. I commissioned Wieslaw to build a hybrid for me in March and he has just sent mine - it's a prototype hybrid for me using 6sn7 tubes (my 3 headphones are all low impedance). I'm so excited. He just put up a pic on Instagram.

1688182866994.png
Nice looking amp there!

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #848 of 1,388
Nice looking amp there!
Thanks - very excited!!

And he said I trial it for 3-6 months then give my opinion, send it back and he sends out a new one.......... I guess this is because it's a prototype........any thoughts p on this people?? I guess I get a brand new amp in 6 months or so. Only issue is I have to pay postage and i don't have it for 4-6 weeks.....

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #849 of 1,388
Thanks - very excited!!

And he said I trial it for 3-6 months then give my opinion, send it back and he sends out a new one.......... I guess this is because it's a prototype........any thoughts p on this people?? I guess I get a brand new amp in 6 months or so. Only issue is I have to pay postage and i don't have it for 4-6 weeks.....
If its a prototype, I am sure there's good reasons to have it out in the wild for 6 months or so, being used as it would be by the typical listener, this way, he can open it up and inspect parts and see if any parts are showing signs that they may need to be changed/swapped to something different for the 'official' release/design.

Brand new amp with any kinks/flaws worked out for the cost of postage, id take that deal :sweat_smile:

Jul 1, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #850 of 1,388
Thanks - very excited!!

Great offer! Take it and run.... right past the post office. :joy:

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #851 of 1,388
If its a prototype, I am sure there's good reasons to have it out in the wild for 6 months or so, being used as it would be by the typical listener, this way, he can open it up and inspect parts and see if any parts are showing signs that they may need to be changed/swapped to something different for the 'official' release/design.

Brand new amp with any kinks/flaws worked out for the cost of postage, id take that deal :sweat_smile:
Yes - good point and will do, I'd just never heard of this before. But then again, apart from my Geshelli J2 dac, I've never had anything made bespoke before (Geshelli was just choosing wood and face colour and them branding their logo on top (which came up a treat btw!!!!!)

Jul 1, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #852 of 1,388
Jul 1, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #853 of 1,388

1688182866994.png
I like the way those heat sinks are worked into the chassis. Interested to hear your listening impressions!

So far I’ve had two hybrids: an Xduoo TA-20 which I thought was terrible, and the Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid which I love and use often. I have been contemplating getting a Eufonika hybrid but I like my MCTH too much to replace it.

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #854 of 1,388

1688182866994.png
Wow, that amp is badass! Reminds me of some of the BHC amps I've seen.

As the H5 miflex has been burned in, I'm really enjoying it! I"ve never heard jazz sound better than it does with my OG Auteur. A good amount of body and warmth and dynamics, much better match with the Auteur than the Jotunheim 2. I will say the Auteur is pretty revealing. Badly recorded tracks sound thin and weak while good or great ones sound amazing. I'm very happy with my purchase and I can't wait to pair it with my Bifrost 2 and see how the sound improves.

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #855 of 1,388
Wow, that amp is badass! Reminds me of some of the BHC amps I've seen.

As the H5 miflex has been burned in, I'm really enjoying it! I"ve never heard jazz sound better than it does with my OG Auteur. A good amount of body and warmth and dynamics, much better match with the Auteur than the Jotunheim 2. I will say the Auteur is pretty revealing. Badly recorded tracks sound thin and weak while good or great ones sound amazing. I'm very happy with my purchase and I can't wait to pair it with my Bifrost 2 and see how the sound improves.
Ya man, the H5M paired with ZMF headphones is a phenomenal match. I used to play the violin quite a bit and the way the strings are reproduced through the Geshelli J2 -> H5M -> ZMF Atrium open is nearly perfect. I am sure this goes for most/all instruments, but when listening through my SS THX 789, it loses that authenticity that the H5M brings out impeccably well. Not to say the THX 789 is a bad amp, because it is not, but ZMF headphones deserve nothing less than that sweet sweet tube sound!

Enjoy, and welcome to the 1950s :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back