Eufonika (Valve amps from Poland)
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #826 of 1,398
Thanks for the info mate!! Wow - that's insane, so 19 months and maybe then some......I knew when I spoke to Wieslaw that there would be a long wait (well 2-3 months is short compared to you). Also ordered my Geshelli DAC at the same time and it will be at least as long. All worth it when it's hand-made though. Thanks and enjoy the DNA - I'll look them up (actually no I won't as I'll no doubt ending up wanting one haha!!).

Thanks! Donald is one of the few headphone amplifier manufacturers who will actually let you try one his amplifiers in home. The key is to find someone in your area who's doing a demo, who can then ship it to you. You'll just have to pay for shipping to the next person who is on the demo list. The best way to get started is to give him a call. I had the Starlett for a month and was able to demo it with all my headphones, dac's etc. So I know exactly how the Starlett will sound with all
my headfi gear. Talk about a test drive! 😊

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #827 of 1,398
Thanks again for time and advice man! It's probably too late for me so I'll take it as is and get the pairs. I've sunk enough money into this hobby already, and I'm probably only 1/2 way through my journey.....IS there an end haha???????????
One of my favorite inputs that are quite cheap to come by, but pack a huge SQ punch, are the little metal enveloped Soviet Svetlana 6J7 tubes. You need to run them in pairs with an adapter but they're great imho. You can use this adapter --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/193443092680

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #828 of 1,398
"Thanks again for time and advice man! It's probably too late for me so I'll take it as is and get the pairs. I've sunk enough money into this hobby already, and I'm probably only 1/2 way through my journey.....IS there an end haha???????????"[/URL]

There's an end to going down the rabbit hole. And that's when your system is so pleasing that you just listen to the music and find that there's no longer any reason to chase gear. Took me decades to get there and more money then I care to think about. 🙄

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #829 of 1,398
Thanks! Donald is one of the few headphone amplifier manufacturers who will actually let you try one his amplifiers in home. The key is to find someone in your area who's doing a demo, who can then ship it to you. You'll just have to pay for shipping to the next person who is on the demo list. The best way to get started is to give him a call. I had the Starlett for a month and was able to demo it with all my headphones, dac's etc. So I know exactly how the Starlett will sound with all
my headfi gear. Talk about a test drive! 😊
Wow - great service!!

Way out of my league financially at this stage and I doubt they do this in Australia but in a year or 2 I plan to do a massive upgrade of everything so will be looking at that bad boy then!!

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #830 of 1,398
One of my favorite inputs that are quite cheap to come by, but pack a huge SQ punch, are the little metal enveloped Soviet Svetlana 6J7 tubes. You need to run them in pairs with an adapter but they're great imho. You can use this adapter --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/193443092680
Thanks for that - I'll definitely check them out when I've played with the stockies for a while!

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #831 of 1,398
There's an end to going down the rabbit hole. And that's when your system is so pleasing that you just listen to the music and find that there's no longer any reason to chase gear. Took me decades to get there and more money then I care to think about. 🙄
Yes - And my system is pretty bloody good to my ears at the moment - I'm very lucky (and appreciative). I do love buying and selling gear though!!!! I think my next purchase will be the Hifiman HE1000Se (b stock) and that will do me in headphones (3 great pairs, all different) for a while. And then Geshelli A3 Pro to replace Topping and Monoprice amps. Then I think I can relax and enjoy for some time (although I'm really enjoying right now)!!!!! It's bloody good fun though!!!!!

Jun 9, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #832 of 1,398
Yes - And my system is pretty bloody good to my ears at the moment - I'm very lucky (and appreciative). I do love buying and selling gear though!!!! I think my next purchase will be the Hifiman HE1000Se (b stock) and that will do me in headphones (3 great pairs, all different) for a while. And then Geshelli A3 Pro to replace Topping and Monoprice amps. Then I think I can relax and enjoy for some time (although I'm really enjoying right now)!!!!! It's bloody good fun though!!!!!

I agree. This is a great hobby that draws you in. And since its focus is the enjoyment of music, it tends to become an integral part of your life as you age.
I got into this hobby in 1975 at the age of 16. I'm 63 now and I've still yet to tire of it. 😊

Jun 10, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #833 of 1,398
I agree. This is a great hobby that draws you in. And since its focus is the enjoyment of music, it tends to become an integral part of your life as you age.
I got into this hobby in 1975 at the age of 16. I'm 63 now and I've still yet to tire of it. 😊
Nice - yes I got into good receivers, amps, tape decks, cd players (I missed the turntable craze but know how good it can sound!) and eq (rotel, yamaha) and speakers (jbl) when I was 18. I'm 52 now and only been right into head-fi since October last year so I've got some serious catching up to do. Having an absolute ball though!!!

Jun 10, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #834 of 1,398
Nice - yes I got into good receivers, amps, tape decks, cd players (I missed the turntable craze but know how good it can sound!) and eq (rotel, yamaha) and speakers (jbl) when I was 18. I'm 52 now and only been right into head-fi since October last year so I've got some serious catching up to do. Having an absolute ball though!!!
Enjoy! 😊

Jun 10, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #835 of 1,398
Will do my friend and I hope I have something like you in a good few years. What HPs do you have, and what DAC kif you don;t mind me asking?

Jun 10, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #836 of 1,398
Will do my friend and I hope I have something like you in a good few years. What HPs do you have, and what DAC kif you don;t mind me asking?

Some of my headfi gear is listed below in my signature. For the rest of my gear you can click on the link below.

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #838 of 1,398
Hello all, received my Eufonika H5 miflex and it's been on for an hour. Is it normal for the volume to sound kind of quiet even when turned all the way up? Is there some kind of warm-up period?
Did you try plugging your inputs into the other set of RCA jacks? One set is for the input and another is for the preamp out. They’re not marked (at least they’re not marked on mine) so it’s really easy to use the wrong set.

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #839 of 1,398
Hello all, received my Eufonika H5 miflex and it's been on for an hour. Is it normal for the volume to sound kind of quiet even when turned all the way up? Is there some kind of warm-up period?

What is the impedance of your headphones? IME the Eufonika headphone amplifiers produce lots of voltage which is good for
higher impedance dynamic headphones such as Sennheiser and ZMF. My Eufonika H4 sounds great with my high impedance headphones but
does not produce enough current for my lower impedance planar headphones (Hifiman HE4XX, Fostex T60RP) which can sound less than ideal.

Jun 30, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #840 of 1,398
Please elaborate …

With any electronics, especially a vacuum tube amplifier, there is a warm-up time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back