EU Tour : Aune B1S Headphone Amplifier (still up for joining!)
Feb 13, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #16 of 29
Hi keen to play!

Previous reviews: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/to...ifier-with-usb-dac.21427/reviews#review-19477

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pioneer-xdp-30r.22886/reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-ap200.22840/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-audio-nano-idsd-black-label.22770/reviews?page=2#reviews

Current kit: senny hd600, kef m500, shure se215 and se425, ultimate ears ue900s, campfire audio polaris, pioneer xdp 30r, ifi nano idsd black label, schiit modi 2 uber and vali 2

Reasons interested: keen to hear and compare more kit, if i like it i buy it! Got hd600 really interested to hear this bad boy v my current kit but esp the vali 2.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #17 of 29
Very keen.
Owner of debatably the best portable headphone amp available in the Vorzüge PureII+ so VERY excited to see how this valve holds up. Was quite surprised by the Fostex Hp-v1 so would be great to get a comparison.

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #18 of 29
* No previous reviews
* Current equipment:
Desktop: Aune T1 + Fidelio X1
Portable: iBasso DX50 + KZ ZS5v1
* Reason: Just wish to try portable amp with my DAC and if B1S provides me with natural and warmish sound similar to Aune T1 tube sound but with solid-state, then I will think buying it.

But question - how is the posting/shipping cost organized? I pay sending to next person? If so, then I need to think if I take part because sending out of Estonia with insurance and tracking is quite expensive.

Another question is - 40mA is max it can output? It might be too little for my needs but curious how it will manage. Though I need something with max mA output that lasts about 10-11h playtime.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #19 of 29
Just stumbled across this thread :)
I was part of the EU tour for the Aune M1s; that was an excellent piece of equipment!

I now own the iBasso DX200 (with AMP units 1, 2, 3 and 5), along with the following IEM's:
iBasso IT01 and IT03 and the Noble Audio Katana.
Also a Shozy Alien+ DAP. I use both balanced and single ended cables/AMPs depending on my mood.

Given my existing set up, do you think the Aune B1s will offer something significantly different (or even better)?
Has anyone here got experience of using it with the DX200 specifically, and/or with any of the other products I have?

And again, if anyone here has knowledge of this, perhaps you could mention which of the iBasso AMP units the Aune B1s is most similar to?

I'm interested in joining the tour (assuming you're interested in me too and there's still space!), but I'd like to try to get some answers to these questions first if that would be possible?

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #20 of 29
* No previous reviews
* Current equipment:
Desktop: Aune T1 + Fidelio X1
Portable: iBasso DX50 + KZ ZS5v1
* Reason: Just wish to try portable amp with my DAC and if B1S provides me with natural and warmish sound similar to Aune T1 tube sound but with solid-state, then I will think buying it.

But question - how is the posting/shipping cost organized? I pay sending to next person? If so, then I need to think if I take part because sending out of Estonia with insurance and tracking is quite expensive.

Another question is - 40mA is max it can output? It might be too little for my needs but curious how it will manage. Though I need something with max mA output that lasts about 10-11h playtime.

Yep, the reviewers will send B1S to the next person through registered shipping with tracking.

40mA is the maximum output of B1S, and it is more than enough for Sennheiser HD6XX series. It may even damage Fidelio X1 in prolonged use with volume topped. B1S is quite powerful.

Just stumbled across this thread :)
I was part of the EU tour for the Aune M1s; that was an excellent piece of equipment!

I now own the iBasso DX200 (with AMP units 1, 2, 3 and 5), along with the following IEM's:
iBasso IT01 and IT03 and the Noble Audio Katana.
Also a Shozy Alien+ DAP. I use both balanced and single ended cables/AMPs depending on my mood.

Given my existing set up, do you think the Aune B1s will offer something significantly different (or even better)?
Has anyone here got experience of using it with the DX200 specifically, and/or with any of the other products I have?

And again, if anyone here has knowledge of this, perhaps you could mention which of the iBasso AMP units the Aune B1s is most similar to?

I'm interested in joining the tour (assuming you're interested in me too and there's still space!), but I'd like to try to get some answers to these questions first if that would be possible?

DX200 is a top-of-the-line player that sells for nearly one grand, so I think it would not be fair to expect a $229 amp to reach it's refinement. But in terms of sound character, I think B1S offers some highly enjoyable listening.

By the way, you are added to the tour list.

Best.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #21 of 29
Yep, the reviewers will send B1S to the next person through registered shipping with tracking.

40mA is the maximum output of B1S, and it is more than enough for Sennheiser HD6XX series. It may even damage Fidelio X1 in prolonged use with volume topped. B1S is quite powerful.

DX200 is a top-of-the-line player that sells for nearly one grand, so I think it would not be fair to expect a $229 amp to reach it's refinement. But in terms of sound character, I think B1S offers some highly enjoyable listening.

By the way, you are added to the tour list.

Best.

Hi and thanks for your swift response!
Actually, please don't add me to the tour just yet though!
I need to consider about whether I actually have *time* to do a review.
I always try to do a thorough review and don't want to take something on unless I'm sure I can do it to the best of my ability.
Sometimes my enthusiasm for a shiny new product gets ahead of me lol, so I need to take time to think about it with a clear head! :D

Regarding the DX200, you are right of course. I feel extremely lucky to have access to the equipment that I have and certainly don't take it for granted :)
Mind you, there are always products that punch above their weight, financially speaking.
The IT01 IEM's are $99 but seriously give my TOTL stuff a run for their money. Outstanding detail, soundstage, clarity, bass accuracy and response etc.
I've hardly listened to anything else since I got them a couple of months back, so who knows? Maybe the B1s will also be punching above its weight too :D

Feb 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #22 of 29
As it happens I found the Aune B1 (original) I thought I had lost, and I also have the DX200. For example with the Aeon Closed Flow the DX200, amp1 3.5mm, imo is just borderline OK driving these headphones. What the Aune B1 adds is it really opens up the stage of the ACF, and makes them sound effortlessly. That said it has a very different signature than my DX200, with the latter having a neutral/analytical/clean sound, which the B1 shifts a bit to warm side, with a more 3D presentation, more organic decays and some extra bass oomph. I feel the DX200 alone is a little bit more resolving though. Of course the DX200 has double the rated voltage swing balanced (and perhaps power) vs single ended, but I do not have a 2.5mm cable for these headphones yet.

Will be interesting how the B1S compares.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #23 of 29
Do you just have AMP1, or any of the others?
I found AMP3 and AMP5 both have more the kind of sound signature you are describing for the B1, whereas AMP1 is, as you described, more neutral and analytical sounding.
If you don't have the others, I'd highly recommend giving them a try. AMP4 is getting the best reviews of all so far. That's on my radar too :)
But I do like the sound signature that you described for the B1 too!

Feb 14, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #24 of 29
Only Amp1 at the moment. I've been considering AMP4 but it's out of stock until March locally.

I used to use the Aune B1 with my old AK DAP - which was also sounding neutral/analytical. I think it has great synergy with this kind of DAC sound signature, which also includes their own M1S. I always use it with the Class A switch ON - lowers battery life but such is life. It really has that class A sound (resembles tubes a bit too), some may be familiar with from speakers.

The only issues I have with the original B1 are background noise/hiss with efficient IEMs and channel imbalance at low volumes. Considering the price, this is something I can ignore. But I will check for this on the updated version.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #28 of 29
The past and present compared.

aune-b1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back