Etymotic & Westone - Discussion & Impressions (index in 1st post)
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #376 of 408
I own MACH 10, and have recently bought a pair of MACH 60. I realized that while the left piece indicates the model, the right one doesn't. Is there a way to tell them apart?

Edit: Is there a way to tell them apart visually

Yes, but it's slightly challenging. Each model has the serial number laser etched on the stem of the earphone. It is incredibly small but you can probably read it with a bit of magnification (it might work with a zoomed in cell phone pic).

One of my biggest design regrets was not identifying the model on both earpieces. It's not an issue if you only own one model, but it's problem if you own two.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #377 of 408
Yes, but it's slightly challenging. Each model has the serial number laser etched on the stem of the earphone. It is incredibly small but you can probably read it with a bit of magnification (it might work with a zoomed in cell phone pic).

One of my biggest design regrets was not identifying the model on both earpieces. It's not an issue if you only own one model, but it's problem if you own two.
Thanks! It is really quite small, but glad to know there is a way.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #378 of 408
... or if you own 6 🤷‍♂️
I never knew about the serial number!! Thanks Dave.

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #379 of 408
With all the talk of the MACH 70 having a more "audiophile" friendly sound and not wanting to spend money on one when I already have the excellent MACH 80 I thought I'd play with the lossless EQ on the Mojo2.

Here are my final settings:

Bass 20Hz = +Yellow (+4dB)
Bass 125Hz Shelf = +Red (+2dB)
Treble 3KHz Shelf = -Red (-2dB)
Treble 20KHz = +Orange (+3dB) (probably not needed but I thought why not)

This is the example of what the frequency bands do to the overall sound, taken from the manual for those wondering:

1691573893577.png

I like my new MACH 150, it has a much more "funner" sound signature now and no need to speed 1000+ on the 70.

Sep 29, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #381 of 408
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #382 of 408
I checked and we do have them. They should be dust free. :wink:

I'm working on getting them onto the website. If anybody is in a hurry, I can just put you in direct contact with a sales person.
I need a Balanced cable for my Mach 70. Looking for the 4.4mm Superbax @EtyDave ! They aren't in stock on the website. I emailed support and never got a response.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #383 of 408
I wanted a 4.4 cable for my Mach 80s. Since Westone doesn't offer one (that I could find), I went to the Linum site. They stopped selling retail earlier this year. They're now sold (at least in the US) by Warner Tech-Care. Here's their cable section.
Did Warner Tech-Care sell you the 4.4mm SuperBax Cable @rwelles?

Oct 6, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #384 of 408
I need a Balanced cable for my Mach 70. Looking for the 4.4mm Superbax @EtyDave ! They aren't in stock on the website. I emailed support and never got a response.

We may have sold through. I will check today and find out what's going on.

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #385 of 408
We may have sold through. I will check today and find out what's going on.
Good morning and Thank you for responding @EtyDave. I'm hoping I can obtain one. I love my Mach 70, I just picked one up. The first time I heard it was with the Balanced Cable. So I'd definitely like to replicate that experience.

Oct 9, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #388 of 408
I love my Mach 70, I just picked one up. The first time I heard it was with the Balanced Cable. So I'd definitely like to replicate that experience.
Do you expect it to sound any different from 4.4 vs 3.5mm?
Mach70 are very easy to drive, listening to them again right now with an old Shanling M0, and at volume 25-30 out of 100 they are plenty loud already.

Oct 9, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #389 of 408
Any updates on the balanced 4.4mm SuperBax Cable being in stock @EtyDave ?

Yeah, we got cleaned out by an overseas distributor. I'm working on getting more and seeing if I can locate a single unit for you in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back