Etymotic Research EVO impressions and discussion thread
May 21, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #361 of 1,201
EVO is out of stock!

May 21, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #363 of 1,201
Guys - wanted to give everyone a quick update on the EVO tour I was helping Etymotic to organize:
Apparently, since Etymotic is not a sponsor company on Head-Fi, my tour thread was removed since it is violating Head-Fi posting rules. I was not aware of that.
I am working with my contact @ Etymotic to try and fix the situation (by making Etymotic a sponsor company here)...
@EtyDave - feel free to use your pull, help making Etymotic become a sponsor company on Head-Fi :wink:

Hope to update soon... Hopefully, this is only a temporary snag.

May 21, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #364 of 1,201
Guys - wanted to give everyone a quick update on the EVO tour I was helping Etymotic to organize:
Apparently, since Etymotic is not a sponsor company on Head-Fi, my tour thread was removed since it is violating Head-Fi posting rules. I was not aware of that.
I am working with my contact @ Etymotic to try and fix the situation (by making Etymotic a sponsor company here)...
@EtyDave - feel free to use your pull, help making Etymotic become a sponsor company on Head-Fi :wink:

I'll check on this. Thanks for the heads up.

May 21, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #365 of 1,201

I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been to wake up and find that thread completely gone...

Should everybody who had previously reached out to be part of the tour send you a PM? Or should we just hold off for now?

May 21, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #366 of 1,201
I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been to wake up and find that thread completely gone...
Yup :frowning2:

Should everybody who had previously reached out to be part of the tour send you a PM? Or should we just hold off for now?
Let's hold off for now - my goal is not to bend Head-Fi rules, but rather resolve it in the right way! (help Etymotic become a sponsor company)
I am optimistic it would get resolved quickly... I hope I am not naïve :wink:

May 21, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #367 of 1,201
Yup :frowning2:

Let's hold off for now - my goal is not to bend Head-Fi rules, but rather resolve it in the right way! (help Etymotic become a sponsor company)
I am optimistic it would get resolved quickly... I hope I am not naïve :wink:
We are all behind you buddy. We play by the rules, all will be good :)

May 21, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #369 of 1,201
Pre-order is up: US$500

p/s: late to the game I see :face_palm:

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #371 of 1,201
Any info on what’s in the box with Evo? Is there a balanced cable / adapter?

What's in the Box?​

• Etymotic EVO Earphones
  • Estron Linum BaX T2™ Cable
  • Aluminum Case
  • Cloth Bag
  • 2 Flange, 3 Flange, and Foam Eartips
  • Replacement Filters
  • Filter replacement tool

May 22, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #372 of 1,201

What's in the Box?​

• Etymotic EVO Earphones
  • Estron Linum BaX T2™ Cable
  • Aluminum Case
  • Cloth Bag
  • 2 Flange, 3 Flange, and Foam Eartips
  • Replacement Filters
  • Filter replacement tool
Thanks. I see now on the website...Just overlooked that tab)

May 22, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #373 of 1,201
Just did a random Search today...
It seems like I've missed the first part of the party, but It's a no brainer purchase for me anyway.
@EtyDave any updates on when the second batch pre order will ship? Your website said preorder and in stock at the same time, it successfully confused me. Screenshot_20210522-061957.png

May 22, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #374 of 1,201
Just did a random Search today...
It seems like I've missed the first part of the party, but It's a no brainer purchase for me anyway.
@EtyDave any updates on when the second batch pre order will ship? Your website said preorder and in stock at the same time, it successfully confused me.Screenshot_20210522-061957.png

Hmmm, we haven't shipped any of them yet. It shouldn't have said in stock. The new website went live on Thursday and there are still some bugs being worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back