Etymotic HF5 or Audeo PFE?
Dec 2, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #31 of 40

Quote:
That has been fixed back in 2009.

Someone else reported that almost all the PFEs he got had some form of defect appear after a couple of months use.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #32 of 40
Someone else reported that almost all the PFEs he got had some form of defect appear after a couple of months use.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the risk. 

Well, no defect for my 2 years old PFE or 1 year old PFE Perfect Bass. You can search around the web and there will always be some guy breaking his new IEM in a few months regardless how good the IEM is. It is the nature of the beast.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #33 of 40
I've have both the HF3 and PFE. The PFEs are preferred. 

The PFEs and ER4s are both on a level above the HF3/5 IMO. 

The caveat, if you are not going to use an amp, the HF3/5 would be the best choice. It's easier to drive, but it won't scale as much as the ER4s or PFE with an amp. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #34 of 40

Quote:
Well, no defect for my 2 years old PFE or 1 year old PFE Perfect Bass. You can search around the web and there will always be some guy breaking his new IEM in a few months regardless how good the IEM is. It is the nature of the beast.

Yea I know, but that's just me. 
OP himself has to weigh all his choices then decide for himself.

Quote:
I've have both the HF3 and PFE. The PFEs are preferred. 

The PFEs and ER4s are both on a level above the HF3/5 IMO

The caveat, if you are not going to use an amp, the HF3/5 would be the best choice. It's easier to drive, but it won't scale as much as the ER4s or PFE with an amp. 

In what way? 

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #35 of 40
With an amp they are faster and more detailed than the HF3 is when amped. The ER4s is more clinical sounding than the PFE and HF3 but more detailed. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #36 of 40

Quote:
you say you would choose the HF5, then you say you would choose the PFE? O.o  Umm.. which has better overall ( clarity,bass,soundstage,cohesiveness,details ) or more satisfying sound quality?

you misread, I said if I had to rank one of them for better sound quality the HF5 barely beats out the PFE. I would take the PFE overall.

I am not going to do a detailed comparison since others have done so (Joker etc).

Dec 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #37 of 40

Quote:
you misread, I said if I had to rank one of them for better sound quality the HF5 barely beats out the PFE. I would take the PFE overall.

I am not going to do a detailed comparison since others have done so (Joker etc).

oh,sorry about that! :p Just a young student wanting to buy a new toy. xD  

hmm....I'm still stuck between the two.... though the HF5 is cheaper.. :/
The PFE can be worn over the ear,but the HF5 wasn't designed to do so...I really don't know what to choose.. :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #38 of 40
Get the PFE :p

For a little more $, it is addicting yet neutral and it's like two different IEMs in one with the grey and black filters

Dec 3, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #39 of 40
I'd also opt for the PFE. You'll have options with the filters in the case you want it weightier. As they stand, The Gray filtered Phonak is already a bit fuller than the HF5. I think the HF5 very slightly more neutral and refined but only when the triple flanges are touching your brain which is not so comfy over time. Hard to imagine something more comfy than a PFE. Isolation is just OK with the PFE preferred silicon tips and great with the HF5 triple flange.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #40 of 40
I also notices a difference in bass when going from the triple-flanged rubber tips the Shure olives! While it still doesn't have the bass quantity I'd like when listening to dubstep or some progressive house, its enough for me to stop carrying my Klipcsh S4's with me alongside with my HF3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back