Etymotic HF2 + Iphone 4?
Aug 26, 2010 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Etymoantick

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just wanted to know if the HF2 works with the new iphone, because i've seen some very mixed responses online but I don't understand if they're complaining about the buttons not working or no sound coming through the earpiece.
I don't really care if the buttons are a bit unreliable as long as you still get the music out and on that note, do the Etymotic HF2's work with any MP3 player (without the use of the buttons and mic).
I also wanted to ask if they've started selling the HF3's in the UK yet because I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks everyone in advance.

P.S. I've heard that etymotics tend to be a bit weak on the bass, would anyone reccommend using the device equaliser, because I could swear that all phone equalisers do is ruin the music?

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 9

Quote:

Thanks everyone in advance.

P.S. I've heard that etymotics tend to be a bit weak on the bass, would anyone reccommend using the device equaliser, because I could swear that all phone equalisers do is ruin the music?

I can't really answer your first question, but as for the second query - if the bass is a concern then why not get the MC3's instead? They are supposed to be similar, with more bass and the same etymotic isolation...

As for the equaliser, ever since iOS 4 was released and the default equaliser behaviour was changed, the equaliser is a lot better and no longer distorts the music. That said, the iPhone 4's output is already a big step up from the previous 3G (though perhaps by some reports not a big step up over the 3GS) - so you can get away with not using the EQ and getting a nice pair of earphones instead.

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the quick reply (and useful information regarding the equalisers) but they don't sell the MC3 or the HF3 in the UK, the only ones i've seen are the ER-6i, HF2 and HF5 (and the er 4p which is outta my price range unlike the other three which all cos the same)

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 9
That's because the MC3 and HF3 *just* been released... if you can stand the wait I would go for something far more likely to be compatible.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #7 of 9
Identical spec, size and design BA with improved controller/mic portion and it's been reported as such.

To the OP, HF2 should be fine with almost any player that has a normal jack. Problems occur when the jack gets it ground too far below the base of the plug and contacts the extra control ring instead of the actual ground.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #8 of 9
That's great, thank you. I'm not going to bother getting the HF3 or the MC5 because they are going to be a load more expensive when they finally come out. I'm just getting the HF2 so I don't get mugged! Plus it's way more convenient to forward etc. using a button than taking it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back