Etymotic ER4 Replacement
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #32 of 41
Got my ER4-Pt's today with my 75ohm adapter.

Did a quick listen with the Woo Audio 22, I was not impressed. No bottom end at all. Think my HD800's are th perfect marriage with the Woo, these IEM's just won't cut it.

But.......

Plugged them into my Headstage 3G and Iphone 4s, threw a slight curve in the EQu app and these babies are pure BLISS! Comply TX100 tips, perfectly content for well over and hour now!

I threw everything from Jazz to rock, pop to blues.......I think these are keepers for sure! They just sound PERFECT

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:
Why don't you guys go with the ETy ER-4S with custom molded ear pieces? They are just a tad over $100 for an audiologist to make the impressions and for the company to send them to you. It is a world of difference! I have tried several others that won't even come close to the natural sound of the 4S's. Go to the Ety website and look up the custom ear pieces... they will tell you where to go in your area.

I'm surprised I don't see any more of you guys going this route. I have never found an ear tip for any IEM that will not drive me up the wall after about 30 minutes or so. But, it's not just the comfort fit of the molded ear pieces... they make the 4S's SING!

SO how does this custom mold process work? I see the ETY page to locate a local spot for ear impressions, then what happens? So I make an appt they take impressions, they send them out to be molded as well? Total cost is only $100??

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #35 of 41
Yah. Seriously tempting.. :)

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #36 of 41
Any good amp to pair with Er4 pt?

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 41
Leckerton UHA-6S m2 is excellent

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #39 of 41
I have both the 5's and 4pt's....

Big worthwhile difference with the 4pt's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back