Etymotic ER-4P, UE Triple.fi 10, Super.fi 5 Pro, Shure SE310, SE420, or SE530.
Sep 23, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you say the se310's have more bass than the ER-6i's and the SF3's?

SE310 have more amplitude of bass than the ER6i or E2c or E3c or E4c, but less than Super.fi 5 pro but it is more refined than the Sf5pro. Haven't heard an SF3 yet. While the CX300 and JVC marshmallows have a little more bass, they sound mushy and can't come close to the detail and control of the SE310, and so the SE310 "seems" like it has more authority over the bass. (JVC is a littl more controlled than the Senn).

It hard to describe, but the bass is transparent and present, and seems to have definition and extend down low, it just doesn't hit hard like an SF5pro or Denon C700 or SE500's. While it doesn't hit hard, you wont be reachng for the EQ either.

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #62 of 66
mmm how much more bass than the ety's?

Sep 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #63 of 66
After listening to the SE310s for a week or so now I can agree with Headphoneaddict. The bass is much more than I expected, and nicely amped these will reach nice and low. They sound great on all sorts of music, and the level of detail occasionally surprises me, especially on drums.
However despite what other reviewers have mentioned I do not notice a forward character to the mids. In fact, I feel that they could be even more pronounced for my liking, especially in vocals.
Overall quite satisfied though so far

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #64 of 66
The Livewires smoke the ER4-P's hands down. The Livewires are neutral and a lot more musical than the Ety's. The Ety's get a little harsh with the treble with a little volume compared to the Livewires. To me both lack a little bass but it is OK.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Livewires smoke the ER4-P's hands down. The Livewires are neutral and a lot more musical than the Ety's. The Ety's get a little harsh with the treble with a little volume compared to the Livewires. To me both lack a little bass but it is OK.

Uhm you forgot to mention how do you drive your Ety.
With Millett and Supermacro, no harshness in high, and very musical.
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uhm you forgot to mention how do you drive your Ety.
With Millett and Supermacro, no harshness in high, and very musical.
biggrin.gif

Sorry about that. I drive them with a Lisa III, Portaphile, Tomahawk , and a Total Airhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back