Etymotic 6i?
Dec 16, 2010 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

wilcaz

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I am considering getting some in-ear headphones to supplement my big over-ears and I was wondering what you guys think of the Etymotic 6i ($100). My friend has a pair and he highly recommends them and says they'll sound even better than my amped Denon AH-D2000s and my Beyer DT770s! Thoughts?

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 3
Unless you really enjoy detailed analytical sounds, I don't think the Er-6i will sound better to you than your full size headphones. I have a pair and I at first listen, I was wowed by the detail they reveal but personally, I don't actually like the way the music sounds on them. Plus there is very little bass. On the positive side they are great isolators and great if you need to use them somewhere noisy but to get the isolation, I had to use the triple flange tips which you might find uncomfortable since they go fairly deep into your ear canal. Might help to go try your friend's pair first.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 3
100$ is a lot for the er6i, you can usually find them for much cheaper I think.  They are very good but I would recommend the mc5's over them because they are a newer model and should have better cables and a better build.  They should also have a bit more bass.
Comparing my HF5's to my friend's er6i's, the HF5's definitely seem to be of better quality and seem more sturdy.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back