Ety. on Ebay - read the description. :(
Dec 3, 2002 at 6:45 AM Post #16 of 35
[size=small]ROTF&LMHO after reading that item. [/size]

Dec 3, 2002 at 2:51 PM Post #17 of 35
Don't be talkin' trash now. Those Sony's could really sing when amped with a boosteroo, but only when you've got the Mega Bass engaged. Then those mp3s will sound like actual live performances... as long as you're using a surround sound processor on Winamp...

Muhahahah!

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 35
I find it interesting that difference in taste between Grados and Sennheisers are generally accepted here, but for someone to have a different taste from the general norm gets a verbal beating. I second BoardC3s first post (disregarding the remark about the Etymotics performance), and I'm not being sarcastic.

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #19 of 35
Well... when you get a teaming group of obssessive-compulsives together to talk about headphones, there's going to be some negative backlash against products that sound poor to head-fi's ears but that joe consumer snatches up for $xxx and then thinks he/she has the end all and be all of headphones. I mean... people could be more polite about it, but where's the fun in that?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I wonder if the poor guy knows how much he's being made fun of. Kind makes me feel sorry for him... guys, we are the bullies on the internet, headphone-related, discussion board playground.

Dec 3, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #20 of 35
What if to his ears, because of his musical taste, he finds the V700s to be the best for him? What if he prefers the sound, similar to Magicthyse? As for selling off the Etys, I wouldn't have accepted them as a gift in the first place. Not because I think Etys are junk, far from. I just can't stand ear buds for the life of me. You generally couldn't pay me to stick something in my ear like that. It is just really uncomfortable to me. The other thing is what's-his-face selling the Etys didn't say the V700s were the best. He just said he wants them. Hardly the same as people here saying the Senns or new ATs are the be-all and end-all of headphones. In fact, LTUCCxxx (sorry, can't remember his screen) has sparked off a debate over the new ATs and the Senns and this kind of issue was brought up there. I wonder why it doesn't carry over to this discussion?
My bottom line? People have different opinions, some may be closer to others, some may be radically different. However, (within limits) there is no reason to crap all over someone elses opinion, especially in a topic like this.

Dec 3, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
I sent the seller an email, so he has fair warning
biggrin.gif

Good work, you are a good kid.

Dec 3, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP
What if to his ears, because of his musical taste, he finds the V700s to be the best for him? What if he prefers the sound, similar to Magicthyse? As for selling off the Etys, I wouldn't have accepted them as a gift in the first place. Not because I think Etys are junk, far from. I just can't stand ear buds for the life of me. You generally couldn't pay me to stick something in my ear like that. It is just really uncomfortable to me. The other thing is what's-his-face selling the Etys didn't say the V700s were the best. He just said he wants them. Hardly the same as people here saying the Senns or new ATs are the be-all and end-all of headphones. In fact, LTUCCxxx (sorry, can't remember his screen) has sparked off a debate over the new ATs and the Senns and this kind of issue was brought up there. I wonder why it doesn't carry over to this discussion?
My bottom line? People have different opinions, some may be closer to others, some may be radically different. However, (within limits) there is no reason to crap all over someone elses opinion, especially in a topic like this.

Just having a laugh. No need to take it so seriously.

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #24 of 35
LOL! That auction now has a link to this thread. I wonder if it will help sell his Ety's...

Dec 4, 2002 at 2:15 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by DLP

I think people here would consider this to qualify as beyond limits.
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 4, 2002 at 8:14 PM Post #27 of 35
YOUVE GOT TO BE ****TING ME! he has a link to this thread thats basically saying that this guy is stupid for selling these to buy some craptacular sonys? I mean i guess it says that the etys are really good but still.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 35
On the bright side... $230 for the ETYs is a great deal, if they've got most of the extras (silicon / foam tips) intact
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
On the bright side... $230 for the ETYs is a great deal, if they've got most of the extras (silicon / foam tips) intact
smily_headphones1.gif

that is, if you don't mind wiping the drool off first.

duuuuuh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back