ETY MC5 Custom
Jul 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arda

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I have been thinking of getting custom fit for my ETY MC5 - Mp player is SONY A846. reason I want to get custom fit is hoping to get a much better quality sound (may be abit more bass). Or is it a waste of money to get it done?

Any suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks all

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #2 of 3
A seal is a seal. Don't hope to get "much better quality sound" from a mere fit upgrade, which is what getting custom tips is. They give you better comfort and isolation, but even those are debatable at times. Better fit may give you slightly clearer sound and deeper bass, but if you already get pretty good fit/seal with the universal tips then there really isn't gonna be much improvement upgrading to custom fit. 

Do you feel like a good seal is hard to achieve, fit is uncomfortable, and isolation is bad? Do you need custom tips? It's all personal choice. But still it's not a waste of money IMO because you can always use the ear molds and ear tips for other earphones, for example if you decide to upgrade to ER4 later.

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply.

that is good to know.

Its been hard for me to decide if I go with just get another IEM or go custom fit. may be I need to start looking at new IEM. I am happy with the clarity and detail of MC5 but it is lacking in bass in my opinion.

Do you guys have any suggestions on IEM (around $150 -ish) that will fit my category?

I listen to mostly jass (vocal - acoustic ) but occationally to pop musics

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back