Ety ER4 Tips
Dec 10, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 53
I wonder if they will send them if you bought some ER6i's recently.

I'll try soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #17 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waveblade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if they will send them if you bought some ER6i's recently.

I'll try soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Thats what I told em when I emailed them and they sent em right out. The tips work for ER6i or ER 4. ER 6 is the only odd one out.

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 53
I called in two days ago and talked to a wonderful CSR rep that helped me out immensely. She hooked me up with some of the blue mushroom foams and the smaller grey foam since the bigger foam is too much for my small ear canals.

I don't think I've ever been treated as nicely as she treated me by any CSR rep. Very good CS at Etymotics!

I'll post impressions here when I receive them, maybe pics too.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #19 of 53
Sent an email to their customer service rep, they're hooking me up with a sample. I'll report back.

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #21 of 53
I can attest to the fact the mushroom foams are brilliant,they isolate as good as shure yellow foam and thats good.
They bring out the full sound of my er4's,with a beautiful full bodied sound with lovely rich bass without spoiling the rest of the spectrum.
My only question is are they washable?

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #23 of 53
They seem like a good design, although they look a bit crude. Maybe in their final stage of development they will have more polish.

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They seem like a good design, although they look a bit crude. Maybe in their final stage of development they will have more polish.

Well they do go in your ear, so I don't see why they need to be nice looking...
icon10.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #28 of 53
These still require the regular squeeze/compress and insert right? Somebody on this thread said they were easier to insert than foamies.

Added: I think I get it. They're made to expand like foams but insert like silicon tips? Hence the strange support column things.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #29 of 53
They also look like they can go ridiculously deep as well! Any problems inserting too far and then pulling the barrel out while the tip stays lodged in your ear Penguin?

Zoiks!

Dec 16, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #30 of 53
Man, I can't wait for these tips to arrive! Each day I anxiously check my mail to see if there's a Etymotic package. It's only been a week so far since I got my email from them so it's just me being impatient! I hope I receive them before Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back