Ety ER4 Tips
Dec 29, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #46 of 53
Yeah I could totally see how that would work well for you. I'm lucky to get even the third part of the stock triflanges in my ear so it kinda sucks. I usually stick with my Medium Olives or the new frosty/baby-blues.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #47 of 53
Well,

They're going to send me a sample pair of each type, and I live in Brazil.
tongue.gif
Great customer services indeed.

The mushroom/Glider tips are being sold now:

Etymotic Research, Inc. - ER•4 Accessories

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #50 of 53
As I said before, they were going to send me some sample pairs of the Glider and the Frosties... They did send me those and I didn't get impressed by any...

I tried the Gliders first. I just couldn't get a good fit. I didn't find them uncomfortable, but I guess they're not for me. And I thought the Frosties didn't seal as much as the old triple tips.

Anyways, Etymotic's customer service is great. Again, I'm from Brazil and I know how hard it is to find people/companies that ship things to me.

Feb 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #51 of 53
I just bought a new pair of er4ps and they came with the mushroom foamies. I don't like them though
frown.gif
maybe it's just me..

The frosted ones fit and sound well though.. I actually Started using them for djing! I spin trance playing 4 hours a night in a noisy environment and the etys have definately improved my mixing (I use split cue in the headphones and had been using my Ultrasone 750s before). The Etys sound a little harsh through my Allen & Heath mixer compared to my iPhone. Would a portable amp maybe help?

This is my second pair of etys. I have been using them since 2002.

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #52 of 53
I have two sets of glider tips ordered and as usual the Ety customer service is top notch. They even refunded my $20 UPS shipping stating that the default charge was too expensive.

Should arrive next week. I hope the glider tips will offer better longevity compared to the stock foamies.

Feb 4, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #53 of 53
I agree, I didn't like the glider tips myself, but the frost tips are great for me. They go deeper into my ear than the regular 3-flange ones, so the cable ends up much closer to my ear, and they also have just as good a seal as the regular ones, with the added benefit of being much more comfortable. To me, they're almost as comfortable as the Comply foam tips I have, and they don't have to be replaced, I'll be sticking with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back