Ety ER4 Tips
Dec 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Mindblock

New Head-Fier
A few weeks back I ordered SWMBO a new set of Etymotic ER4's.....included in the package were their standard fare tri-flange tips and foamies, but also included, but not identified or documented anywhere either on their web site or in the package materials, were two sets of time that look like little mushrooms (stem and rounded top).

Does anybody know what they are and where I can find more of them? If not I will need to call Ety next week because these things are great.....

THANKS

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 53
They sent me some of them a while back and another pair a week or two ago, I have been using them. They are indeed great, if you push them in farther they isolate more than ANYTHING hands down. If you email ety's customer support you should be able to get some more.

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sent me some of them a while back and another pair a week or two ago, I have been using them. They are indeed great, if you push them in farther they isolate more than ANYTHING hands down. If you email ety's customer support you should be able to get some more.

Agree re/ the isolation.....I'll e-mail CS as you suggested.....what do THEY call them, other than those little tips that look like mushrooms??

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right on the money Tactical. I emailed Etymotic yesterday requesting a sample of the mushroom foamies as well as the small baby blue tri-flanges and I received an email today that they are on the way!

Thanks for the tip, and thanks to Maureen (Moe) Defoort and Etymotic for the wonderful customer service!
etysmile.gif

warmest regards,
Mike.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 53
I also emailed them and requested a pair of the new mushroom foams for auditioning. I ordered my ER-4P 2 months ago and they came with the regular set of tips, so these must be very new.

Ety customer service is awesome, but don't know if they will be willing to send me a pair overseas for free..

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ety customer service is awesome, but don't know if they will be willing to send me a pair overseas for free..

I mailed them and asked about the mushroom tips as well. I mentioned that I live in Sweden and they replied asked for my address and said they'd send samples. I wish all companies were as awesome.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi211 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right on the money Tactical. I emailed Etymotic yesterday requesting a sample of the mushroom foamies as well as the small baby blue tri-flanges and I received an email today that they are on the way!

Thanks for the tip, and thanks to Maureen (Moe) Defoort and Etymotic for the wonderful customer service!
etysmile.gif

warmest regards,
Mike.

I just got E-Mail from Ety customer service.....here is an update:

(1) They refer to the tips as 'Gliders'.
(2) They have not yet hit their website, but should within hours.
(3) The part number is ER4-17, 3 pair per package, $14.00 and they can take orders over the phone.

Needless to say, I ordered some.....

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 53
I had returned my Etys for a broken part and they returned them along with a sample of those little blue-guys. Pretty cool. Now I gotta email again for the mushrooms. OBOY--new tips

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 53
Ah, this post is most enlightening. I just e-mailed them as well asking for information and samples/purchases of the new tips. I've been happily using the ER-4P/S for years and would love some tips that are easier to insert than the foamies, but block as much sound. I mentioned I owned ER-6's as well... maybe they'll send some of those too.

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindblock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got E-Mail from Ety customer service.....here is an update:

(1) They refer to the tips as 'Gliders'.
(2) They have not yet hit their website, but should within hours.
(3) The part number is ER4-17, 3 pair per package, $14.00 and they can take orders over the phone.

Needless to say, I ordered some.....

Odd name. Must be something new they're calling them, as they always called them mushroom foams in my many (20-30?) emails with them. They also said they'd be out soon.......a month and a half ago. I was trying to keep quiet about them as they asked me to... look where that got me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by k2snowboards88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these new tips sound in comparison to the 3-flange and the foamies?

They sound like foam tips. More emphasis on the bass, a little bit different sounding highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back