esw9 vs d2000?
Oct 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ljcii

100+ Head-Fier
Today i tried the esw9 and the d2000 for an unamped source and i prefered the sound of the esw9 to the d2000. However, are there any thing that i will find out about the both of them in the long run which cannot be heard in this brief listening with both of them?

I mainly preferred the overall warmer tone of the esw9 compared to the d2000s. They will also be my main portable and home cans.

I listen to wide range of genre excluding classical.

Oct 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 13
While I think the 2000s are more "better", If I could only live with one, especially unamped, or even amped, I would pick my ESW9s. I simply like the presentation and "feel" to the sound.

Kevin

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 13
If you get the ESW9's, then don't try the ESW10JPN's as they blow the 9s away.

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 13
^ FWIR, the differences are subtle...

But back to the OP. I almost always prefer ESW9, amped or otherwise (check my profile for gear info).

Jelly: They hurt for a few weeks, then the leather softens up and you get used to it, etc. I can wear them all day now.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelly Hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im trying to get as many opinions as the esw9's myself... How comfortable are they? good enough for long usage?

The ESW9 can be uncomfortable but you can do a lot by adjusting the pressure on the ears. Fully extend the metal arms that hold the driver and grab them top and bottom and you can bend them out (be absolutely sure you only grab and bend the metal). This bending plus angling af the drivers can also greatly affect the sound to the better. And finally if you feel like it you can go find Germanias modding thread. I have bought her originally modded ESW9 (have had stock before) and find that the mods greatly improve the sound bringing them very close to the ESW10.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 13
Wow, esw9 is still winning up there. Thanks for the advice guys, IM GETTING IT MAN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back