esw9 versus esw10 (amateur review)
Dec 30, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #31 of 54
Happyprozak,

They are much better when compared to the AKG K81DJ. The AKG's clamp the head/ears pretty darn well -- they start to make my ears ache pretty quickly. After a bit of stretching the headband, though, my ESW10JPN's rest lightly on the ears, and has a nice stiffness to the way the cups swivel. This means I can tilt the cups to put more pressure on the temples right in front of the ears, and less on the ears themselves. I found this ability to tweak the fit greatly helps the comfort once I got used to it.

I was also afraid the comfort might not be so great on them, but I must say I am pleasantly surprised.

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:02 AM Post #32 of 54
I just sold my ESW9 to fund a Denon D7000...Order placed yesterday...but I already missed ESW9...hope I made a right choice...

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #33 of 54
on the subject of comfort…
some people say ESW9 are supra aural for some, and circum aural for others. what is the inner diameter of the bowlpads? I really can't stand supra aurals, so it would be a great shame it my ears were not to fit, unless it is possible to buy bigger replacement pads. the SQ5 is roomy enough for me, any chance of a size comparison?

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #34 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some people say ESW9 are supra aural for some, and circum aural for others. what is the inner diameter of the bowlpads? I really can't stand supra aurals, so it would be a great shame it my ears were not to fit, unless it is possible to buy bigger replacement pads. the SQ5 is roomy enough for me, any chance of a size comparison?

I'd also like to know, would be quite useful to know...

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #35 of 54
I've got a pair of ESW9's coming from Lil' Knight. Would like to know about the pads as well. Maybe someone can answer the above question for us. Thanks.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif

inner - 1.5 inches approx
outer - 3 inches approx.

cant see how they would ever be considered circumaural.

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #38 of 54
My ESW9's are just passing the 120 hour point and they sound very very nice.

These are definitely supra aural unless you have very small ears. Thus I can only wear them a couple of hours before the ol ears need a break.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beach Camera:

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A Portable Wooden Headphones |BeachCamera.com

Put them in your cart, and the price is $239 and change

Shame they don't ship outside the US
frown.gif

Are these legit? audio-technica ATH-ESW9 - Hovanfue

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a pair of ESW9's from E-bay Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Wooden Headphones - eBay (item 220377623072 end time Mar-18-09 16:57:11 PDT) . A steal at $200, which worries me if it's a fake. I'll post some pics up once they arrive.

Ah, so you're the person who stole it. LOL just kidding
biggrin.gif

I also ordered one from the same seller. If it's fake, I'll personally drive up to their location and make a fuss about it.

I doubt they are though, some things in their ad points to a very secure and knowledgeable seller... ie. the fact they want confirmed addresses.

Are there even fake ESW9's floating around anywhere in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back