ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones...
Mar 14, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 143
Looking forward to your thoughts! Am very curious about the acoustic properties of different kinds of wood, and esmooth seems to have some really funky off the beaten path choices for wood!

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #17 of 143
But crappy drivers in exotic wood enclosures =
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #19 of 143
Received them Friday - pretty quick, no issues with customs - kind of them.

They LOOK nice, been burning them in, they didn't sound very good during the first quick listening session.

Will let you know...

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 143
Burn really docent DRASTICLY change the sound, burning in the HD25's really has only brough the mids up a pinch but then again they only have about 15-20 hours on them.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #21 of 143
Anyone know where to buy these here in the States?  They look like great fosterphones.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #26 of 143
Wood on headphones always look so classy!

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #28 of 143

Quote:
Received them Friday - pretty quick, no issues with customs - kind of them.

They LOOK nice, been burning them in, they didn't sound very good during the first quick listening session.

Will let you know...

Hey could you please take some photos of them? I would like to see what they exactly look like in real life rather than in those pretty & heavily PSed official shots.

Mar 16, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #29 of 143
Will post photos when I get time (travelling for a few days) - but I must say - they do look that good in real life. The wood is so perfect that I was sure that it was plastic, but I opened them up, and it's clear that the wood is real, just well made and highly polished. The plugs on the cords even have wooden enclosures. I have been modifying the bigger ones a little to see if I can get decent sound, and they are a bit clearer, just not a lot of lower bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back