ES10 Updgrade to T5p, T70p, Signature pro, ED8??
Sep 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

2pacalypse33

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I’ve owned the ATH ES10 for about a year now and have really enjoyed them. My curiosity has been peaked by some of the higher end “portables”. Do you guys have any recommendations on preference between the headphones I listed in the thread title or do you recommend any other high end closed headphone that seals relatively well.

Right now I am leaning towards the signature pros due to the reviews about the great sound, the simple look, and the portability. I listen to all types of music but mainly I listen to Indian music which seems to emphasize the entire range of music so I’m guessing a balanced sound would be best. I also like hip hop/r&b (2pac, boyz 2 men), light rock/pop (john mayer, jason mraz, etc.), and pop (Michael Jackson). Any help is appreciated. Also if anyone has any interest in the ES10 let me know.

THANKS!

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Heya,

The Sig PRO would probably do you right.

I will say that the T70P is to be avoided if you want a full sounding broad frequency range headphone. The T70 is a bright headphone, with excellent treble, great mids, very good isolation, super comfortable, really nice sound stage, and it's extremely stylish, but unfortunately has such an early bass roll off that it sounds cold and hallow and thin. Frankly the SRH940 for less cost does what the T70 does. It's the one Beyer I'm not happy with and it really is a weird Beyer, not like the others at all.

Very best,

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks MalVeuX. Have you heard the signature pro recently? If so, do you mind describing your thoughts on the sound quality, comfort, and isolation? Would you recommend it over the t5p or edition 8?

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 7
I have the Ed8's and the ES10s.  They are very different.  The Ed8 is in a different league, way more detailed and layered. No comparison really.  But, big but.....the ES10 sound signature is much bassier than the ED8 so you may actually want to look at the Sig Pro if you are stuck to the bass level of the ES10's.  I haven't heard the Sig Pro but understand that it is bassier than the Ed8.  Hopefully you can hear both before you make a decision.

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 7
hey guys didn't want to start a new thread,

I am pretty close to buying the signature pros. I was just wondering if anyone has heard the pros as well as the paradox from lff. If you have any comparisons that would be great. I realize this situation is probably rare but I thought it was worth asking before I make a big purchase.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back