ES-R10 closed back dynamic headphone Sony R10 Replica Discussion/Impressions
Apr 13, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #332 of 1,571
Ordered mine yesterday with upgraded shipping, and just got a reply saying it ships tomorrow. CONUS here.
Yours better not arrive before mine!

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #334 of 1,571
I am curious about the shipping process. Ordered mine 3 days ago and have to wait 2-3 more weeks due to out of current stock.

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #336 of 1,571
Yours better not arrive before mine!

Ordered first though ha. The race is on. My first R10 experience of sorts too, however. Hope it lives up to the hype, but I'm content with my current rig in the meantime anyway. Hoping it provides at least the technicalities of the AWKT, with a less in your head bass sound, bigger ss, and similar or better euphonic midrange. If so, I'm golden.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #337 of 1,571
Mine cleared HK customs on the 7th, but no EMS/USPS updates since. I guess another week or so.
Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 10.40.13 AM.png

Quite fast for me, ordered last Thurs. Can't wait! Should be delivered by tomorrow if not today.

Did you request choosing a certain serial number ?
It costs 2000 HKD to choose your own when I asked... gave up that idea for just a sticker haha

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #338 of 1,571
Quite fast for me, ordered last Thurs. Can't wait! Should be delivered by tomorrow if not today.

It costs 2000 HKD to choose your own when I asked... gave up that idea for just a sticker haha
Yeah, mine just got out of customs today. Looking forward to reading your impressions of them.

shipping.jpg

Apr 14, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #339 of 1,571
Yeah, mine just got out of customs today. Looking forward to reading your impressions of them.

shipping.jpg
Wife just texted me that they've arrived. S/N 32.

Can't wait to knock off from work and head home!

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:19 AM Post #341 of 1,571
Provide us some pictures will ya?
Ok these are HUGE. And the ear pads are so soft! Seriously ear pillows.. they are on-ears but may as well be be around-ears cos the pads just envelope the entirety of your ears anyway.

Need to burn these in but initial listen is very positive with vocals. Such a beauty!

13C36B8C-8329-4ACA-815C-ACE56A6928C5.jpeg

Question: where do u guys grab to put them on / take them off? I tried holding the wooden cups but feels like I may loosen them if I keep doing that.

They really put effort into the wood… just beautiful

EDB672D9-1DE0-44F9-8FBF-7D611D090E08.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #342 of 1,571
They have done such a great job recreating the R10. The wooden cups look like my old R10. Just got a DHL tracking, so hopefully it will be delivered early next week.

I have been emailing back and forth with ES Lab and they confirmed that the Zelkova wood that they sourced are not from the 200-years old tree like the original but he confirmed that it is pretty high in quality. Note that Sony acoustical engineer selected wood from a 200-year old Zelkova tree due to its desirable acoustical properties to make the R10. I remember that Sony actually had the replacement cups at one point for purchase at around $750 each.

Apr 14, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #345 of 1,571
Have been listening non-stop for 2hrs since I got home. These headphones are AMAZING. I've auditioned all the TOTL closed headphones at some point or the other, but none had left an impression like these had.

Threw jazz vocals, hard rock, classical... everything but the 3Max at them, and they just kept rolling. I was half expecting them to fail to impress, but man, you guys... 80% of the OG? I now understand just how GODLY the OG were.

If I could only have one pair of headphones, these would be it (or a mint BNIB pair of OG R10). They look beautiful, and sound even better (but OMG the stink... waiting on my beeswax to come in~).

I'm finding more synergy with the Diablo than with WA8 so far... but will report back when they've fully burned-in at least 100hrs. Great recommendation guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back