Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Jul 12, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #4,051 of 9,894
I don't get it why it's a reasonable request from a tube amp builder that you don't share their inner chassis work. You will be sent pictures and you can open it up yourself to check it but the request is to keep it to yourself. There will be a lot of copying work going on if it's shared, that is why.

If you approach for example Woo Audio and ask to buy their WA33 and say, could you send me internal pictures of your chassis work before I buy it, what do you think is the response?
Sure, I have no problem with a builder requesting that of their customers, but the way you are coming across is very different than a request.. almost demanding it and shunning people that shared what they were proud to own, which is unreasonable expectation once you choose to sell your works to the wild.

And your second question has nothing to do with anything.. strawman argument.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #4,052 of 9,894
Sure, I have no problem with a builder requesting that of their customers, but the way you are coming across is very different than a request.. almost demanding it, which is unreasonable expectation once you choose to sell your works to the wild.

You're reading it wrong. All I said was that Eric and Tomas requested that we do not publish pictures of their inner chassis works. I am not going on with these interjections from parties who have no interest in Ultimate.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #4,053 of 9,894
You're reading it wrong. All I said was that Eric and Tomas requested that we do not publish pictures of their inner chassis works. I am going on with these interjections from parties who have no interest in Ultimate.
Alright, well being passive aggressive and shunning people that had literally zero idea is a bit, umm, off putting to say the least.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:17 PM Post #4,054 of 9,894
Alright, well being passive aggressive and shunning people that had literally zero idea is a bit, umm, off putting to say the least.

Damm right and you do not deserve an Ultimate. I'm not drumming up sales here. It's for a select few. I am not here to please the crowd.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #4,055 of 9,894
As good a work as you can ever see in a point to point wiring in an old school amp. It is a great work but shame on @dougms3 for publishing it.
"Shame on x user" like you're their father or talking down to them :ok_hand:
I am not here to please the crowd.
😂 now that is clear! I will agree with you 100% on that.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #4,057 of 9,894
Sure, I have no problem with a builder requesting that of their customers, but the way you are coming across is very different than a request.. almost demanding it and shunning people that shared what they were proud to own, which is unreasonable expectation once you choose to sell your works to the wild.

His second question is germane. Your ‘strawman argument’ quip reflects your failure to mentally grasp what is before you 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #4,059 of 9,894
When a product is sold, there is obviously an exchange of goods.. the money is now owned by the vendor, and product is now owned by the buyer - what each choose to do with the exchanged goods they now own is their business, plain and simple.

To talk down to someone and act pretentious as hell because they chose to do as they wished with the items THEY own because they violated some unwritten rule they had zero idea even existed is rich!

Passive aggressively tagging someone and saying "shame on them" is about as immature as it comes, but that's just my opinion.

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #4,060 of 9,894

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #4,061 of 9,894
Jul 13, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #4,063 of 9,894
When a product is sold, there is obviously an exchange of goods.. the money is now owned by the vendor, and product is now owned by the buyer - what each choose to do with the exchanged goods they now own is their business, plain and simple.

To talk down to someone and act pretentious as hell because they chose to do as they wished with the items THEY own because they violated some unwritten rule they had zero idea even existed is rich!

Passive aggressively tagging someone and saying "shame on them" is about as immature as it comes, but that's just my opinion.
You own the goods but not the intellectual property inherent in the design
In a point to point design everything is on show to an informed viewer
So publishing a picture is more exposing than it is with a printed circuit board or an ic
Anyway it was never a rule just a reasonable courtesy requested

Jul 13, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #4,064 of 9,894
So publishing a picture is more exposing than it is with a printed circuit board or an ic

Exactly.

Jul 13, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #4,065 of 9,894
Never said anything about owning the intellectual property.. nothing to do with it unless you were trying to steal said property and profit off of it with your own products.

Again, you could apply that same logic to any other piece of equipment we own, but I see users like @UntilThen care not about that in other threads for other products.

But this is all besides the point.. i own something, I can take pictures of it and share them with whoever if I want unless there was some legal contract stating otherwise.

I have ZERO issue with it be a requested courtesy from the builder - What I took issue with @UntilThen talking down to someone passive aggressively and then "shaming" them for something they had no idea was even a courtesy.. wheres the courtesy of maybe DMing that person and asking/informing them like a mature adult about said request from the builder. Instead, he literally publicly "shamed" them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back