ER6i...........
Sep 3, 2004 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

mariowar

500+ Head-Fier
I really wanted to like them, I expected them for so long, but unfortunately my biggest fears were right. These in earphones have good bass, but this bass is at expense of the highs. The highs are rolled off and a little dull, the detail is missing. Additionally, in complex passages they failed to perform accurately and seemed congested. It sounds incredible but the Sennheiser earbuds (mx400) sound better and more lively. I tried them with my Iriver IFP799, with equalizer on help them a bit but not much and when I increased the highs in the eq they sound harsh.
Finally, I plug them to my XP7 and it did not help, the problem asn't the player ofr the compressed files........the inearphones agian felt congested.....and dull.
However, if you are not into detail and you love isolation and comfort, these in earphones are AWESOME.
I'm returning them.....I hope that I'll have better luck with the Shures E5c.......

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 39
Have you consider Ety ER-4P/S? Shure E5 is quite nice and fuller bass, but Ety ER-4 sounds a bit clearer (due to less rolled off highs).

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 39
Are they burned in? Have you tried with better sources?

Lack of detail, congestion, and harsh highs are what I usually associate with not so good source.

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 39
Go_vtec I had the ER4P but to my ears they lack on bass....... I've read that the Shures E5c lack on highs, I hope they don't.....

Ian, these earphones are portable, so they are supposed to be driven by a portable device. Do you think that there is any portable player out there that beats Iriver? 18 mw per channel (compared to most portables with only 5 or 6 mw per channel) S/R 90 DB Frecuency 20 to 20
I wrote also that I plug them to my Emmeline XP7(using my Panasonic cd player, antishock off, and wav files) which is the best (IMHO) portable amp out there.

I let them burn in for 10 hours but unfortunately, the only way I've heard that a burn in help most headphones is taming them a bit when they are too harsh right out of the box. In this case it was the opposite......they were dull.

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 39
amBro is the name
icon10.gif

and the thing is, to me the ER-6 sounds good, except for the bass. so if the ER-6i does that for me, that would make me a happy man! but unfortunately you don't know the sound of the ER-6

Sep 3, 2004 at 1:02 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariowar
I've heard the Er6 ar bright sounding without much bass, these ones are the opposite. Good bass and lack of higher end.

somehow like E2
wink.gif

J|!

Sep 3, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #11 of 39
Jacobo, nooooo, The Etys are better sounding headphones and comfty than the Ec2s. The E2cs sounded boomy and duller than the Etys. The mids on the Etys are far superior also.
It is just that I don't think it is right to pay more than $100 to get a pair of headphones that lack on the high end department.

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mariowar
these earphones are portable, so they are supposed to be driven by a portable device. Do you think that there is any portable player out there that beats Iriver? 18 mw per channel

I don't have much experience with all those portables but I'm speaking a general sense. Is it possible the ER6i are just revealing what's before them is what I'm wondering. Trying them from other and better source like home based ones may show if they are indeed like as you described or it's a source issue.

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #13 of 39
Ian, no. The issue in this case is not the source, it is just that that these particular earphones provide more bass at the expense of the highs (IMHO).

When I had the Er4Ps thay provide GREAT HIGHS but poor bass using the same sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back