Er4p Tips help?
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FaBoLoUsRmX

100+ Head-Fier
I just upgraded to the er4ps and i'm loving the sound, but the included tips, foam ad tri-flanges hurt my ears. I love the Shure softflex tips but they don't fit the er4ps does anyone have a suggestion for tips that wont kill my ears?

thanks

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Shure olives. Comfy as heck!

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUsRmX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Shure softflex tips but they don't fit the er4ps does anyone have a suggestion for tips that wont kill my ears?
thanks

Shure softips do work - you may have gotten a pair of the wrong size that fit E2c's. The tips that fit E3/E4/E5 fit Etys almost perfectly - I use a pair of Shure medium grey softips on mine, and for that matter use a pair of Large softips on my UM2s. If they fit you right softips are much easier in-and-out, their reflective qualities tend to tighten bass a little better, they are very easy to maintain, and almost last forever - but ultimately, it's comfort and good seal that determine what works for you. Good luck.

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 10
X3 on Shure olives

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 10
The first few days I couldn't use the Etys 3-flange... they were uncomfortable and they didn't seal well. Now I love them. Just try a few more days before going Olives.

Aug 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 10
I used to swear by the 3flange, untill i went for comfies. Better bass, better isolation, less sibilance. No going back now!

Aug 24, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #9 of 10
I also just got the er4s and I do love the sound, however the triple flange is not that comfortable, but isolation is great.

Are these the ones that are comfy and will fit the er4s? or should I go for comply tips?

I couldn't get the foams that came with the etys to fit, so Im guessing I should get the smallest size for the shures or p slim for the comply tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back