Equipment Racks - Help me decide
Jun 17, 2007 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Mher6

500+ Head-Fier
I read through a few equipment rack threads, and I've decided upon these 4 (the problem with recent threads is that they do not compare them; owners are only giving suggestions):

Lovan Classic I
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...OD&ProdID=5623

Lovan Matrix
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...ROD&ProdID=669

VTI BL304
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...OD&ProdID=1220

VTI BL404
http://www.standsandmounts.com/index...OD&ProdID=1009

My home setup (in my signature) will be placed in this rack. I'm not sure if 4 isolation stands is actually more beneficial than 3, so I'm asking head-fi
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at the same ones as you - ended up getting the Lovan Sovereign. With your choices I'd get the classic.

I was leaning toward the Lovan Matrix. It's only $25 more than the classic (since I would have to order footers for the Classic) and seems to have thicker boards/sturdier construction.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you end up going with?

I might be ordering the Lovan Classic I in rosewood very soon.

Thats the exact one I ordered. It should be here tomorrow, and I'll give my input on it when it comes.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 24
I have a Vantage rack and these look much nicer and are inexpensive.

Please let us know how the Lovan works out. I and curious: Does the stackable nature make these units unstable for removing components or cables?

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 24
Needing input for a rack puchase seems silly to me...unless you believe it will affect the sound quality you hear. Pick one you like and buy the dang thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #10 of 24
I've looked at racks until I'm actually sick of them. Just never could find anything that really "struck" me aesthetically. Finally, I just said to heck with it and went with the cheap Sanus euro modular deal in cherry. Pleasantly surprised at the build quality and looks for the price. Figured no one but me will be looking at the furniture since it's in my private room so why drop a ton of $$ on something like a rack? Anyway, the Sanus didn't break the bank and it gets the job done and for $300, it ain't a bad deal either.

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

What's wrong with receiving feedback on stability and build quality?

Don't buy a cheap one...
smily_headphones1.gif
Problem solved...nothing wrong with seeking that kind of input...just seems silly to need someone else for that. Nothing wrong with asking for help when you feel you need it though.

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't buy a cheap one...
smily_headphones1.gif
Problem solved...nothing wrong with seeking that kind of input...just seems silly to need someone else for that. Nothing wrong with asking for help when you feel you need it though.

Just because it costs a lot doesn't mean the build quality and/or stability is going to be good.

Sorry my eyes can't tell such things just looking at a small picture, and wanting such info from peers.

Just seems silly you needed to troll this thread, and add absolutely nothing useful.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats the exact one I ordered. It should be here tomorrow, and I'll give my input on it when it comes.

Looking forward to your input. Could you take some pictures if possible? The ones on the website are pretty small. Thanks.

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #13 of 24
And you ordered from them????...OMG I was checking prices, and just FYI the Bush I paid 175.00 in BJ's, they have it listed for $299.99, exactly the same model...Those guys are really really expensive...

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Just because it costs a lot doesn't mean the build quality and/or stability is going to be good.

Sorry my eyes can't tell such things just looking at a small picture, and wanting such info from peers.

which is why someone like you would ask for advice on a rack and I would not. Like I said, nothing wrong with asking for help if you think you need it. I just wouldn't have trouble picking out my own rack. And "cheap" doesn't automatically mean inexpensive.

No need to take it personally. If you don't like what I have to say then just ignore it...or get defensive about a complete stranger's opinion, whatever works for you.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which is why someone like you would ask for advice on a rack and I would not. Like I said, nothing wrong with asking for help if you think you need it. I just wouldn't have trouble picking out my own rack. And "cheap" doesn't automatically mean inexpensive.

No need to take it personally. If you don't like what I have to say then just ignore it...or get defensive about a complete stranger's opinion, whatever works for you.

Can you clarify what you mean by "cheap"?

If it doesn't mean inexpensive, do you mean "looks crappy" or "poor workmanship/build"? If so then I agree all the racks linked in the first post do not look cheap (not comparing them to Symposium, Billy Bags, etc). But that still isn't anyway to gauge their build quality- with low resolution pictures. All we're given are the dimensions of the boards, standoffs and a brief description. And pictures don't say anything about stability. I have a 45 lb Pass Labs amp so stability is important.

By the way I didn't take your post personally, but it seems you took offense to my post with the "someone like you" remark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back