EQUATION AUDIO EARTOOLS: REVIEW
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #32 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by dandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NICE PICTURES REDBEARD! Do the ear pads come off and on?

Yes, they're quite easy to remove/replace. I'm considering attempting replacement velour ear pads. If I do, I'll share the details.

Apr 19, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #33 of 697
Now dangit! I was gonna do that! :p My RP-15s have been in the mail for, like, a week! Thanks for the review. glad to see some more people getting on board with these folks.

how are you handling the bright orange?

Anyways, I'm getting into this RP-15 business in my pursuit of the impossible dream - perfect closed portables that don't break the bank (thanks Eric and Don!). So here's hoping. I'll try and post my impressions of how they stack up against my other portables as soon as I can (right now that would KSC75, HD201, and SJ5). Hi hopes!

Apr 19, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #35 of 697
And copper is a very "in" color these days!
icon10.gif

I have absolutely no use for these yet I find them very intriguing.
blink.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #36 of 697
ericj, since you have an "in", how about having your friend sponser a Head-Fi group buy of these newly discovered cans by David?

Not only will you be doing the community a great favor, allowing more Head-Fi members to groove on these new cans at a slightly lowered price, your friend could find it a moving enterprise.

I for one would be willing to cash in on one or more of these (despite being an IEM type myself).

Anything for an eargasm.
blink.gif

Apr 19, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #37 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ericj, since you have an "in", how about having your friend sponser a Head-Fi group buy of these newly discovered cans by David?

Not only will you be doing the community a great favor, allowing more Head-Fi members to groove on these new cans at a slightly lowered price, your friend could find it a moving enterprise.

I for one would be willing to cash in on one or more of these (despite being an IEM type myself).

Anything for an eargasm.
blink.gif

Great idea! I'm in. Though I still have no use for them.
rolleyes.gif

How about 5 or more for the RP-21?

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #39 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by ICU /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anything for an eargasm.
blink.gif

I actually have no idea how interested in that sort of thing Don would be. I'll ask.

How many cans are we talking about here? You realize that as an authorized dealer, he can't actually *advertise a price lower than $99, so he'd probably have to have them drop-shipped to someone else (say, me) to then distribute them out.

Say i got a crate of 20 of them, probably costs $40 to get them dropped off at my house, and then it'll cost something like $5/ea to send them out priority mail.

*shrug* I'll have a chat with don and we'll work out the math.

Apr 19, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #41 of 697
He doesn't have any problem selling onsey-twosey to friends, but y'all are strangers to him. That's where the big question mark is.

Since he's a friend of mine and a brick & mortar retailer and at tradesman, since this is his livelihood, I'd like to see it be worth his while, but i don't know where that ratio sits.

So it'll probably come down to how much each unit costs him when bought in some sort of bulk number.

Apr 21, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #44 of 697
Please watch the group buy talk. I'm interested in following this thread and hearing some impressions on this phone--but won't get the chance if if the topic goes to group buy and the admins shut the whole thread down.

Happened with a pretty big A950LTD thread already...

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #45 of 697
These are (to my ears) a nice set of Headphones, very detailed as one would expect with studio monitors. The build is solid and the cord is very nice. These are sleepers. I picked up a pair on ebay for $35 shipped that were used but still in the box with no signs of wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back