Equ iPhone app
Jan 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

trebleman

New Head-Fier
This app allows you to get the. Best out of any earphone.  
I love my b&w c5, but they severely lack treble. Combined with this app they are the most amazing earphones I have ever had.  I am somewhat addicted to buying earphones and own the following:

Triplefi 10
shure se535
phiaton ps200

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 13
Between EQu, Equalizer, EQ10 and Stereophonic there is no shortage of good alternatives to the onboard iPod on an iPhone. EQu is my preferred app too but Stereophonic gives some interesting options relating to soundstage and depth. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
there is no app for eq for an ipod classic is there? I have the equ for my touch, but just wish I could get a closer sound on my classic

IDK if Rockbox is compatible with your iPod...  That's always an option.

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 13
I've tried every possible EQ app on my iPhone (+Shure SE535) and I just kept going back to stock player. Everything felt much better with the Treble booster on there compared to the others.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 13
Just got EQu and it's pretty good, a few annoyances like it not killing the music when I pull out my headphones but otherwise good.
That said, I'm not sure how much I'm going to be using it because the UI is a bit clunky but I do like how I can make subtle adjustments to suit whatever headphones I'm using, it certainly beefs up my HD25s a bit just through the standard headphone out and I'm looking forward to trying it out with my UM SE530x4 reshells which should be arriving later this week. Also going to give it a go with my E6 on the way home from work tonight and see how that sounds.

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm not a big fan of the fact that EQu has a lower volume then when you play music through itunes. Otherwise it's pretty fun to mess around with.  I think I might need to give Sterephonic a shot. 

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the fact that EQu has a lower volume then when you play music through itunes. Otherwise it's pretty fun to mess around with.  I think I might need to give Sterephonic a shot. 

On my iPod Touch 4g, the volume is reduced by about 20% when I use EQu, which is why I've stopped using it.

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #10 of 13
Following up from my post yesterday, I had a good run out with EQu last night using it with my E6 > HD25s. Volume wasn't an issue with the amp in use and it produced a much fuller sound once I'd messed around to find a good curve.

Apr 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #11 of 13
There's a whole thread dedicated to this topic here if anyone's interested.

I've used Equalizer with good results in the past, but moved on to rockboxed ipods.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #12 of 13
What the heck? Why are my songs quieter while using EQu? Is moving the entire line up essentialy turning up the volume like normal because adjusting the bands is adjusting the volume of different frequencies, so turning it all up would just be turning the volume up?If not how does one fix this volume problem? I'm thinking of doing that and then using a decibal moniter app to make it the same loudness as when it's played off the normal player. Where is a good app to moniter the volume of your music? Oh, and again, any way to have the music play while not in the EQu player?

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #13 of 13
i have tried  "EQu, equalizer, My tunes pro, SonicMax Pro,BBE.
Trust me go for the Denon audio app, its the most amazing software audio synthesizer and whats the best is its free.
If interested i can show my personal presets:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back