EQ settings for ATH-M50?
Feb 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eriktheg

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering If anyone has any Idea what EQ settings to put so the Mid range will bring itself out more?
I'm planning on buying the ATH-M50's because they are the best bang for the buck.

I listen to around 40% acoustics and 60% everything else but no metal and rock.

I was planning on getting the SRH-840 but couldn't find any for under $140, which the ATH-M50 I found for $110.

So, anyone have an idea of how my EQ can be set for the M50's so the acoustics can sound more lively? 
M50 users & experienced users, please reply =].

*edit* Images with the EQ settings set will be very helpful as well.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 7
lol bump after an hour?
if you're talking about an ipod i had it on rock forever until i turned it off. imo made it very lively 

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #4 of 7
It is for PC.
I would like to know if anyone has tried messing with the EQ to get the best acoustic sound since the mids are receded.
I was hoping that more people used the EQ to make acoustics sound better with M50's but I guess not....

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 7
Well someone else told me not to bump up any of the middle frequencies but rather, just put down the first 2 or 3 bars that impact bass.
If I don't get help from someone that used them for acoustics, then I guess I will have to mess around myself... and that isn't good, because Im just a newb at this stuff
biggrin.gif

Also, I found it weird that the classical EQ feature doesn't bump up the mids, but rather it bumps the bass up... that makes absolutely no sense to me.

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 7
Don't change them on your ipod, change them on your amp :D.

Even a cheap Fiio E5 works. I just turn the ipod EQ off and then for some songs I have the bass boost on, others I don't (excited to get my E7).

But if you don't want to spend any $$ then "jazz" is what I used to use and it was satisfactory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back