Epiphany Acoustics join Head-Fi with the EHP-O2 portable headphone amp
Jan 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #61 of 132
It's going to be harder to tell the difference between a Fiio, an O2, and a Beta22 with low end headphones.  However, with the very best headphones and a good source (say, the LCD-3 headphones) it is obvious that the O2 is very close in performance to my Beta22 - a frightening reality, but the truth.  It is an amazing value and has really no flaws.  Head-fi may never take it all the way seriously (unless it was stuck inside a giant case and given a $1500 price tag) since it's "low end" but I know my amps and I know where the O2 fits in, and it's way too good for anybody here to ignore.  

Jan 25, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #63 of 132

Quote:
It's going to be harder to tell the difference between a Fiio, an O2, and a Beta22 with low end headphones.  However, with the very best headphones and a good source (say, the LCD-3 headphones) it is obvious that the O2 is very close in performance to my Beta22 - a frightening reality, but the truth.  It is an amazing value and has really no flaws.  Head-fi may never take it all the way seriously (unless it was stuck inside a giant case and given a $1500 price tag) since it's "low end" but I know my amps and I know where the O2 fits in, and it's way too good for anybody here to ignore.  

I completely agree with scooter, O2 is a freak of nature, but a wonderful one..
No one take it seriously , until it roars
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #66 of 132

Quote:
Ordered this. Still waiting for its arrival.

You won't be disappointed. I find that the O2 is an absolute steal for the price and the SQ that it delivers. I took it down to Stereo last weekend to audition some headphones (including the W3000ANV) and it sounded alot better than the Beyerdynamic A1 amp that the store had.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #67 of 132

Quote:
You won't be disappointed. I find that the O2 is an absolute steal for the price and the SQ that it delivers. I took it down to Stereo last weekend to audition some headphones (including the W3000ANV) and it sounded alot better than the Beyerdynamic A1 amp that the store had.

Sounds interesting!

The only drawback is that it only has got 3.5mm input. I will see how it compares with the amp section of DX100 =)

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #68 of 132

Quote:
Sounds interesting!

The only drawback is that it only has got 3.5mm input. I will see how it compares with the amp section of DX100 =)

Your getting the O2, at last!!!!!! and how are you going to compare it, did you break the piggy bank
wink.gif
?

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #69 of 132

Quote:

Your getting the O2, at last!!!!!! and how are you going to compare it, did you break the piggy bank
wink.gif
?

I din't think the O2 costs that much. Maybe slightly more than a pair of Apple earbuds.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #71 of 132
off the tropic for a while.  have anyone have update on EHP-1 ? 
from the thread on EHP-1 . all response stop at 2011 . 

thanks

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #73 of 132
Hi all,

There have been a few delays with the current batch of EHP-O2 amps but they are now resolved so I am now expecting to start shipping in the first week of March (touch wood!).

It is very frustrating - I am extremely eager to get these amps out to everyone!

Also, the current batch being built is now completely sold out. As you can probably see, it is very difficult to give accurate estimates, but off the top of my head, it will be end of April for orders placed from now onwards.

As for the EHP-1, it is remaining in development until I get the EHP-O2 properly sorted out (it is taking up all of my time at the moment) and as such will be a number of months before I can take that further.

I have been a bit under the weather these last few days but just got round to answering all of yesterdays emails. If you have any further queries please feel free to post here or shoot an email over.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #74 of 132

Quote:
I din't think the O2 costs that much. Maybe slightly more than a pair of Apple earbuds.

I was just joking my friend
biggrin.gif
, for I advise any headfier to get one.............yes I DO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back