Epic jazz drumming albums?
May 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #61 of 78

Now this is damn hot!

May 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #62 of 78
Check out Dave Weckl's Live and Very Plugged In. Amazing playing and also just an amazing recording. One of my favorite headphones albums because it just sounds so incredibly good. It's one I always pull out for non-head-fiers when trying out my headphones.

May 22, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #64 of 78
Manu Katche

Studio work and appears on several of Sting's albums. His percussion in the cover of "Little Wing" from Nothing Like the Sun helps the track soar.

Very precise and tight. His style and power sound a bit like Neil Peart (who has also done some solo / ensemble jazz work away from Rush).

May 24, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #66 of 78
Seems like no mention so far for Joey Baron. I love his work with the original Masada quartet, but he can't seem to go near a drum set without doing something amazing:

May 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #67 of 78

Quote:
Seems like no mention so far for Joey Baron. I love his work with the original Masada quartet, but he can't seem to go near a drum set without doing something amazing:

Joey can be sump'n else. Little-known fact: Before he hooked up with the Zorn/Tim Berne crowd in NYC, he actually played for years with the singer Carmen McRae. His roots are deep.

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #72 of 78

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #75 of 78
Not that I know of but wouldn't it be sweet! More than likely there is a DVD of that around....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back