Entry level YUIN released: PK3 Group buy
Oct 17, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #226 of 279
I got mine, too! Thanks, Fang!
The foam covers (not the donut style) seem to enhance the bass. Anyone else notice that? Great detailed sound!

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #227 of 279
Update: I took off all the special equalizing/digital effects settings on my Cowon D2 and I am liking the sound a LOT more now. These phones have gone from "Good" to "Great" in my opinion.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #228 of 279
I got mine today, havent not listen them really with time, but first impression is pretty good, doesn't beat er6i, or at least straight from box (which was coolest ever..
biggrin.gif
) but the price difference is pretty big too..:p Thank you.

edit. actually not so sure anymore about SQ vs. er6i, i put the foams on..
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #229 of 279
Got mine today too. They definitely beat any other earbuds I have had.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #230 of 279
err, is anyone else feeling like their PK3s have the sound mostly focused on the left headphone? My right headphone still works, but I hear most of my noise on my left headphone...What?

I put them in my pocket for the night because I went out, and now I'm listening to them, and they're very focused on the left ear. Maybe it's my source? I'll look into it more and see if it's really the headphones, but wow, this is really lame.

Oct 18, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #231 of 279
I got my second set today. Thanks Fang!!!!!!!!

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #232 of 279
I just got mine. The packaging is really classy for the price.

Initial impressions are positive (expectations met and then some!) but I'm a bit concerned about the foams: I'd better not lose them because, like with the MX400, I don't like the defoamed sound. I guess I'll keep using my MX300 as beater buds because I don't think they need foams.

I wonder why they say the PK3 are for rock and pop. Maybe it's how they fit my ears but I'd say these buds are too bright and sound better with acoustic stuff actually... special mention for making me believe Sabine and Dr. Thiele were right beside me at 25$!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gee bake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
err, is anyone else feeling like their PK3s have the sound mostly focused on the left headphone?

Mostly? No, but I think there's a small but significant imbalance. It's tough for me to tell with any kind of precision right now because I've got a mild (for now) infection. But, checking against other 'phones, yeah... what's supposed to be in the center sounds a bit to left and what's supposed to be a bit to the right sounds in the center. Anyway, that's not a big deal for affordable buds.

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #233 of 279
Got mine yesterday, and when I plugged them into my Penguin amp, they sounded especially fantastic. This is my second pair, but I never got to enjoy the first pair because a friend tried them with his iPod and would not give them back (I had so many other phones). He paid me for them, and when the group buy came along, I had to get them. They aren't all that much behind the PK1s, in fact, especially for the price difference, when both are amped.

Anyway, I believe the PK3s are the best value in SQ/price bar none, including the legendary Ksc75s, which I own too (and Kramer modded them). I mean, if you compare durability, form factor, SQ, etc. The PK3s rule!

Oh, I used my homemade donut pads (a cheap leather hole punch works perfectly), which is also what I use on the PK1s. Haven't tried the full pads. Will get to it someday.

Oct 19, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #234 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by bennet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to be rude but I wouldn't buy from this guy again. I received a tracking on the 23rd which informed me that it had been shipped. Now I just received another tracking. Made me to believed that my had shipped long ago, this is just ridiculous even though it's at a discount price. I would not ryo to sell anything that I don't have in possession.

You are sadly mistaken. Fang is nothing if not honorable. He will do the right thing every time. So I hope yours have arrived, and if they seem to be lost, let him know. Again, the man's record on customer service, as far as my dealings with him, are spotless. I think others can verify that.

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #235 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by HFat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mostly? No, but I think there's a small but significant imbalance. It's tough for me to tell with any kind of precision right now because I've got a mild (for now) infection. But, checking against other 'phones, yeah... what's supposed to be in the center sounds a bit to left and what's supposed to be a bit to the right sounds in the center. Anyway, that's not a big deal for affordable buds.

Yeah, I uhh...had the right headphone in improperly. I thought I checked it, too, I guess I just couldn't get it to fit properly.

Now that I have them in properly, it's much better, but you can still notice that the sound is slightly to the left. Not a big deal really, these phones are still excellent, but it would be a lot better if the sound was centered more perfectly.

Oct 19, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #236 of 279
Well, mine shipped last Monday from DE, maybe they'll show tomorrow or this coming Monday. The USPS tracking system is of course useless, damned if I know why they even have one...
mad.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #237 of 279
mine shipped last monday as well, and I just checked my mailbox at 11pm and there it was
cool.gif

I've taken a quick 2 song listen with these, and will let them burn in overnight with a playlist of pink noise/different kinds of music/few moments of digital silence. These will probably be my most used headphones with my laptop while on the go. At home of course I'll be using my es7/ksc75/sf5 trio.

edit: oh and I forgot to say thanks to Fang and head direct for allowing us to purchase these earbuds at such a great price!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #238 of 279
These actually arrived in my mailbox on Wednesday, Oct 17, but I've been so busy I just managed to check my mailbox tonight (if you think that's bad, I haven't opened my Headsix box yet...).

Anyway, a quick listen out of the box with my ipod Touch indicates the PK3s are a good buy. Nice detail, but doesn't quite have the punch of the amped PK1 or PK2. But for non-critical listening, I can't think of a better headphone.

So far, Diana Krall and the Yoshida Brothers sound great out of the PK3. I'm waiting for my 75 ohm attenuator from Turbo, and will try that with the PK3 and amp when I get a chance.

Thanks, Fang, for making this group buy possible.

Oct 28, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #240 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think we need another group buy for the PK2 with Y cord as well ^^

I missed out on the PK3 deal but a PK2 group buy would be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back