Entry level customs vs 'high end' universal IEMs?
Nov 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #16 of 26
buying custom iems can be a really frustrating thing besides not having a good resell value if I were you I would  spend my money in an universal model anyway you can always get custom tips for it you can even try a diy mold kit for your current iems, I owned two custom models before the 4.A and 8.A they sounded really good but I ended up selling them.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #17 of 26
If you have any problems with comfort or getting a good seal with universals (and I sometimes do) customs can't be beat.  You don't need to constantly readjust them to keep your seal. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #18 of 26
Both sound like good options. I know I don't regret my jh5 purchase even after owning better customs. I have a high level of respect for 1964 for bringing these high value customs. If they were a more well known company like UE or jha their prices would definitely be a lot more.

Give me a reason that you think the JH5 is better than the w4'S? cuz i had the JH5's and the W4 is waaaayyy more natural and more detailed.. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 26
  Give me a reason that you think the JH5 is better than the w4'S? cuz i had the JH5's and the W4 is waaaayyy more natural and more detailed.. 

Sorry but I can't agree there. If you think the W4 has less detail then that sounds like a bad seal for the JH5. The JH5 scales much higher with better gear than the W4.

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #20 of 26

The W4s sounded very bloated and constrained to me compared to my jh5s

The jh5s had a much better soundstage as well as better controlled bass and detailing

The only universals I've enjoyed after getting customs were the um3x and the sm3 v2 but both of them still weren't as good as my jh5s

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #21 of 26
I am actually considering getting back into the customs market with an entry lvl like the JH5 or perhaps stretch my budget (and hope for a black friday discount) for the 1964 V6 or something in that range.  Anyone have experience with the JH5 vs the next tier up? 

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #22 of 26
  I am actually considering getting back into the customs market with an entry lvl like the JH5 or perhaps stretch my budget (and hope for a black friday discount) for the 1964 V6 or something in that range.  Anyone have experience with the JH5 vs the next tier up? 

I've got the JH5s and JH11s, so not exactly next tier up, but definitely worth it in terms of cost/improvement

JH Audio usually has a Black Friday sale as well, with like 15-20% off, so could be a really good opportunity to pick some up

Not sure about any other companies, but I'd definitely wait until next week before deciding

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #23 of 26
There is a shop just outside london that has some customs from us companies to test.
I dont remember name but google might help you

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #24 of 26

I've got the JH5s and JH11s, so not exactly next tier up, but definitely worth it in terms of cost/improvement

JH Audio usually has a Black Friday sale as well, with like 15-20% off, so could be a really good opportunity to pick some up

Not sure about any other companies, but I'd definitely wait until next week before deciding

Thats the plan.  I wont be going close to the $1k mark though.  I had the JH16 and loved them, but to me, they were just not worth it considering I am not wealthy.  I am really hoping that 1964 offers a similar deal on the V6 though.  If not, a discounted JH5 will be at the top of my list unless anyone else has any entry level recommendations that are better (and has heard the JH5).

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #25 of 26

I have the jh5 and v6 stage. If you know your preferences lies to the v6 go for it. The v6 stage is a no brainer at the price range and easily better. Of course I don't have the v6 so no way to tell

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #26 of 26
I have the jh5 and v6 stage. If you know your preferences lies to the v6 go for it. The v6 stage is a no brainer at the price range and easily better. Of course I don't have the v6 so no way to tell

Thanks, I was looking at the v6 stage.  if you have time, can you use a few descriptive words to describe the JH5 and the v6 in regards to their sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back