Enter to win Spider First Headphone "PowerForce"
Apr 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #91 of 181
That is an incredible price then if it holds up well to the Beats. Send one this way and I can compare and contrast them to to the Studios/Pros, and the ever so popular M50 :wink:

Quote:
PowerForce will be retailed $129.99, in the package you will get 4 feet & 9 feet cables, professional grade gold plated quarter inch adapter and a good quality storage bag, you will definitely get what it's worth for the money.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #92 of 181

Quote:
That is an incredible price then if it holds up well to the Beats. Send one this way and I can compare and contrast them to to the Studios/Pros, and the ever so popular M50 :wink:

I'm curious how they stack up to my XB700s as a basshead can. (I assume, that's what they're meant to be?)

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #98 of 181

Quote:
Oh these sound cool. I love any kind of electronic, hip hop, r&b, and alternative. Headphones are my thing. I've been searching for a good balance between strong bass with extended highs but with solid mids. Fast enough where fat bass lines won't distort the vocals and efficient enough to be driven without an amp. Can the spiders accomplish this at a better price? Always looking for the best value to recommend to my price conscious friends.
I own AKG K181(close, great bass, good highs), K518 red ones and white ones (good but not enough highs),K460 (no highs) , K430(fatiguing highs), K420 (not enough bass), Audio Technica M50s (awesome but $), ES 55( mid centric), Denon D2000 (also awesome but $$), Sennheiser PX 100 (good but could use more highs),PX 100 II (better lows but exact same highs as original sounds unbalanced) HD 238 (needs power to sound best. One of my fav portables but needs amp), HD203II (bloated bass becomes evident), Sony MDR V6 (good rez overly bright, bass not extended), Klipsch Image Ones (awesome but $, new fav ports) and Samson SR-850 (aka superlux 661. extremely high resolution, awesome mids, nice highs but not enough low end)
Of my headphones the Samson's surprised me with their price to performance
The mids are unbelievably realistic and with good highs. The bass is the only end lacking and if these had the low side covered they would win my head time.
Is there anywhere I can hear the Spiders now?

Thanks for Mushubi1000's effort, he brought almost all the headphones he mentioned above to Spider. After our president Ronny met with him and they actually had a good time comparing those headphones to Powerforce, Ronny said that none of above headphones has stronger bass than Powerforce (exclude Denon D2000) and only Samson SR850 can compete with Powerforce's details and clarity. It's amazing that Spider Powerforce can compete with all those name brand, right?

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #102 of 181
Another rock fan here.  Although, I do listen to and enjoy the other music genres listed.
L3000.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #103 of 181
Long shot.....

I do love Pop and all other kinds of music.

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #105 of 181
My favorite genre has always been funk/jazz. The dichotomy of excitement and liquid-smooth cool has always left me wanting the utmost clarity with uncompromising extension to hear down to the lowest bass grunt and up to the most sizzling hi-hat splash.

Jazz/Funk :)

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back