Enter to Win: Moshi Audio Clarus Earphones
Jun 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #106 of 163
1. They must be Clarus In Ear Monitors

2. They must be Clarus In Ear Monitors

3. They must be Clarus In Ear Monitors

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #107 of 163
Cool. Thanks for the opportunity, guys! The three things that set my current favorite headphones apart are:

1) Form factor: They're custom IEM's, very portable and comfortable.
2) Sound (duh): GREAT bass, not too much of it, 'warm'-ish sound signature, clear highs. Actually clear everything...
3) Customer service: I had my customs re-moulded by the original manufacturer, who gave me the same great customer service and warranty as if I'd bought a new set.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #108 of 163
1) Great bang per buck factor.
2) Easy to drive while still sounding nearly ideal.
3) Seemingly tangle-free cloth cable is dreamy coming from tangle-troubled IEMs.

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #109 of 163
1) must be fair priced
2) must be clear
3) must have great bass reproduction (which is kind of a tricky point)
4) must be as neutral as possible

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #110 of 163
I prefer in order.

1. audio range.  I usually listen to my music on shuffle all albums be it portable or from cpu.  And a can that has the range and clarity to enjoy miles davis  kind of blue to Iron maidens two minutes to midnight  or maybe to tribe called quests buggin out is highly desirable.

2. Comfort.  When I use headphones its for hours at a time, I dislike heavy headphones that cause fatigue or pinch. In the iem category, soarness in the ear canal from poorly fitting tips is a concern ( I have rather small  ears)

3.Durable Construction.  Nothing bothers me more than heaphones that are pricey but poorly made, or durable in the can portion just to have bad cables that short out quickly (hello monster are you listening).  I admit that alot of the elite high end cans and monitors are still out of my price range but at the price range that i consistently buy at I expect decent construction.

Thanks for the contest.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #111 of 163
1. comfort is key, my best headphones are so comfortable i could wear them for hours without even feeling uncomfortable.

2. clarity. i don't want anything lost in the mix

3. wide soundstage. it just gives a sense of wow and elegance compared to something with a narrow soundstage, everything just feels too compressed.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #112 of 163
1. They must be easy to drive

2. I must be able to take them everywhere, portability is vital to me

3. Wide, Detailed, Clear, and "fun" soundstage, Make my music come alive in a way I have never heard it before

Hope I win

Thanks for the opportunity!

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #113 of 163
1- I value the fun factor of all headphones as paramount, because if the music can't be enjoyed, who gives a damn about "accuracy"?
2- I love a powerful spectrum of sound, especially when it comes to bass.
3- A little bit of bling when it comes to headphones never hurt anybody, did it? :wink: (Okay, maybe Beats users)

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #115 of 163
Replying and answering the question (although how I answer it doesn't increase/decrease the chances of winning). 
wink.gif

Uno - The overall sound quality
Dos - The fit
Tres - The level of bass, adequate without being overbearing

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #117 of 163
D7000
1) Sound Sig. Slight bass and treble emphasis, yet mids hold their own.
2) Comfort. Yes.
3) Warmth/Detail. Not too hot, not too cold, but just right.

I just need to get over the nightmares of them breaking.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #118 of 163
My preferences:

1. Realistic mids
2. Silky smooth highs
3. Quick and accurate bass

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #120 of 163
What are the (3) qualities that make your favorite headphone better than others you’ve tried?

1) A soundstage that isn't degraded when the bass levels/response gets pushed to the limit.
2) Comfort factor.  Wearing headphones in full-time fashion requires a light, relaxed, yet clamped fit to maintain audio quality.
3) Build quality.  Once the more electronic-heavy songs get playing, the cans better not start rattling, only vibrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back